Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 537 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Where do you get off telling me what I should or shouldn’t be posting or whether what I post is ‘positive or of interest’???”

It’s called reciprocity.

Whatever you think of my posts, the fact is that I do share quite a few tips that are of use to other travellers, whereas you contribute the square root of zero, as far as I can see.

Irons80
    Participant

I don’t think you post many or any tips at all that are of use to other travellers. All you do is moan about BA, as far as I can see.

But then that’s MY opinion and I am not claiming otherwise.

I don’t bully anyone, except you. It’s good to have someone give it back to you, because you don’t like and cannot take it, because despite your apparent attitude to be so experienced in all matters of life, you’re quite immature. OH NO BA’S IT ISN’T WORKING – THE WORLD HAS ENDED, LET’S START A NEW THREAD ON IT OR BUMP ANOTHER ONE

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Irons80 – 13/04/2016 11:01 BST

Calm down, dear, you’ll have a seizure.

Don’t read the read, if you don’t like it – the solution is in your hands.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Why do these personal attacks always and exclusively happen on BA threads? No other airline, no other airport, no other travel related posts bring out such irrationality, except on BA threads.

It’s perplexed me since I found this forum a wee while ago, albeit that was in the days of Krug and his / her bonkersness. (Note; I am fully aware that ‘bonkersness’ is not a real word)

Regardless of your position, this ‘IT glitch’ ongoing for so long is a nonsense, and the airline in question should simply state that they have removed this benefit or have their IT people fix the glitch. Until that time, it is fair that it is a discussion topic on a forum which’s sole purpose is to discuss travel. (IMO)

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Irons80
    Participant

I am quite calm, dear… I wish you would be…
    THE WORLD IS ENDING BA HAS REMOVED CHATEAU BLAH BLAH FROM THE WINE LIST I AM NEVER FLYING THEM AGAIN…

The solution is in your hands – stop bumping it… I like to read what you’re posting next about BA… makes me realise how lucky we really are when the things some people need to get so incensed about is the IT performance and ‘removal of benefits’ of a particular company.

Ah, I see your supporters are back!

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ AllOverTheGaff – 13/04/2016 11:16 BST

I vote that ‘Bonkersness’ be declared a great word and put into Websters and the Oxford Dictionaries. It describes so many people, love it!

Irons80
    Participant

+1

FDOS_UK
    Participant

AllOverTheGaff – 13/04/2016 11:16 BST

I perplexes me that people read threads that they have stated to irritate them.

Almost like someone reading purely to be able to have an outpouring of righteous indignation!

Irons80
    Participant

It perplexes me that some people get so irritated by the fact that they cannot pre-select an exit row seat that they need to give us almost daily updates on the saga.

Henryp1
    Participant

Potentially as the further culling of members occurs due to the earning changes, this will further reduce the level of disappointment experienced by some members of the changes.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK

‘I perplexes me that people read threads that they have stated to irritate them.

Almost like someone reading purely to be able to have an outpouring of righteous indignation!’

As I personally stated before, you are absolutely correct in your view on this situation, it just seems you belabour the issue for the sake of it. Do you not think you have made your point by now, 25 pages in? BA are not reacting to this Forum, so what is your intention keeping this issue alive? All the same people are reading the thread, me for one to see if there is actually anything new, not to attack you or anyone else. Personally, I think it is not an IT glitch but a change that BA have not announced. Not appropriate behaviour from them for sure, but I don’t believe re-hashing this continually will change their minds.

A while ago we asked BT if there was anyway they could invite someone from BA to actually be on the Forum as a spokesperson for BA, and to address these type of threads as there have been plenty, good or bad, regarding BA. But that has not gotten anywhere. It would be great if such a person could be found as for now, I don’t think BA read this ,or just ignore what they choose to ignore!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Henryp1 – 13/04/2016 11:29 BST

I doubt that; if you think through what you wrote, the more likely effect is that a good number of GCH become SCH.

And as this issue only affects SCH ……

travelworld2
    Participant

Dutchyankee-13/04/2016 11:42BST

+1

FDOS_UK
    Participant

DutchYankee

In answer to your question…..

“FDOS_UK – 11/04/2016 11:02 BST

mkcol74 – 11/04/2016 10:53 BST

You cannot speak directly to Trading Standards over a matter like this, the first port of call is the ASA.

The outcome when I had cause to call the ASA was that BA ‘paid me off’ by selling me a ticket at the advertised price (which was about £1,000 less than the price actually available, so it looked very much like a bait and switch and got the ASA’s attention.

I very much doubt the ASA would be interested in following up on this one.

Or Watchdog or Which or the Ecclesiastical Times.

But posting the ongoing saga on BT at least makes it clear to people who don’t know and who may decide to accept the situation or book elswhere – there was a new thread started on FT this morning, by a poster who had not heard about the situation, despite the original thread there being 48 pages long.”

+++

This thread is nearly 500 posts long and I reflect that it would be rather shorter if not for the personal attacks on me by certain posters.

By comparison, the similar thread on Flyertalk is now nearing 750 posts, so it seems that some people are interested. On Flyertalk, Irons 80 and some others would have been banned for posting their comments.

I honestly don’t think BA cares about this issue, as can be seen from the Twitter thread, their people don’t seem fully briefed on it and it doesn’t appear to be mentined on ba.com, so expecting a response on here is rather unlikely, as much as it would be welcome.

Irons80
    Participant

It’d be a lot shorter too if you’d either listen to those personal attacks and take note of them or else at best simply not reply to them. It’d also be a lot shorter if you didn’t continuously bump this thread…

Since no one else on here (apart from a few of your cronies) seem to be that interested in this issue unless there’s any new information to report and you’ve been given a number of workable solutions around this problem by several posters (whether they are to your satisfaction or not is beside the point), why not stick to Flyertalk?

I won’t be there to annoy you, don’t worry!

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls