Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 537 total)

• ba747fan1
    Participant

It did affect golds early on and I still was not fussed.

In fact, on UK domestic, I prefer sitting in row 1 or 2 as is quicker exit off the plane and allows me to enjoy a free drink and snack faster before a quick nap. I would never go for the middle of the plane.

And for Europe, i would tend to go Club Europe due to some of the good fares.

So no it would not bother me as a gold if they blocked emergency exits seats for all. I actually think it should be done at the gate or check in to ensure someone who meets the criteria sits there.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

LOL – most gold members were affected for ~ 2 days 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

10 weeks and counting.

All silent on the BA comms front.

ba747fan1
    Participant

It was only 3 days since you last reminded us! A friend who is silver and could not reserve phoned up the Exec club and got an exit seat without a problem!

MrMichael
    Participant

Thank the crows, for a horrible couple of days I thought this thread was over.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

ba747fan1 – 16/04/2016 19:51 BST

How many hours before check-in? I can get them on the website at -72, but the call centre cannot allocate them to me, before then.

I’m just going to count the weeks off, as they build – 10 is quite a while to fix an IT problem, isn’t it? In my days of programme management, I would have removed the senior IT manager after so long and found someone who could deliver results.

ba747fan1
    Participant

It is just under 2 weeks away – I believe it was more done in a way that the charge was waived as a slilver member (rather than automatic entitlement but I may be wrong!).

Not sure I would remove the IT manager but perhaps the comminications / PR manager as seems more likely a change of policy.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Are you sure it was a short haul flight? silvers pay for exit rows on long haul flights (basically where the word ‘world’ is involved in the cabin description.

ba747fan1
    Participant

It was to amsterdam.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Strange sounds like another failure mode, as I (and the other silvers I know) can’t even pay, the seats are just blocked, until -72 hours.

Having just selected seats for two domestics, the overwing exit rows (both A320) were completely empty, which kind of tells its own story – I took row 1 in both cases, to get off quickly, but was surprised to see no overwings allocated.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Shocking that this is not yet fixed.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Welcome to week 11.

The BA IT team has held a meeting about it this week and we have exclusive footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h14Dn8_JyM

MrMichael
    Participant

I am figuring this thread is now a regular feature of the BT forum 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Welcome to week 12 of this ‘glitch.’

I understand that BA has a team of 64 chimps cutting code, on the basis of the ‘Infinite monkey’ theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

Irons80
    Participant

STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD!

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls