Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 537 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Just to point out that the ‘glitch’ has still not been fixed for silver card holders.

Glitch first noticed – 5 February

Date today – 11 April

Time elapsed – over 9 weeks, benefits advertised still not being delivered.

mkcol74
    Participant

Have you spoken to Trading Standards about this?

Irons80
    Participant

Or called Watchdog?
    Spoken to Which?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

mkcol74 – 11/04/2016 10:53 BST

You cannot speak directly to Trading Standards over a matter like this, the first port of call is the ASA.

The outcome when I had cause to call the ASA was that BA ‘paid me off’ by selling me a ticket at the advertised price (which was about £1,000 less than the price actually available, so it looked very much like a bait and switch and got the ASA’s attention.

I very much doubt the ASA would be interested in following up on this one.

Or Watchdog or Which or the Ecclesiastical Times.

But posting the ongoing saga on BT at least makes it clear to people who don’t know and who may decide to accept the situation or book elswhere – there was a new thread started on FT this morning, by a poster who had not heard about the situation, despite the original thread there being 48 pages long.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Good to see that the BA Twitter team is on the ball and providing informative and helpful posts to their customers about the issue 😉

https://mobile.twitter.com/david_mccarey/status/719876152542814208

canucklad
    Participant

Having read the Twitter feeds from BA I’d have to conclude that it is no longer a benefit applicable to silvers at point of booking.
    It re-enforces my earlier point that it is a removal of benefit by stealth, and only if you’re so inclined to pursue (jump through hoops) your entitlement will you receive it!

Interesting that HBO fares are not applicable,. When HBO fares where introduced BA’s fanfare trumpeted them as a benefit for both parties, rewarding the passenger for not adding weight to their journey, thus cutting costs….blah de blah !

In reality it just a fare structure to compete with the LoCo’s!
    And as it happens, would happily accept that , if they just said that.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

canucklad – 13/04/2016 09:23 BST

Frankly, I don’t think that the BA Twitter team (although responsive) are particularly well aware, as this thread shows.

They started by quoting the long haul exit seat exclusion and then went on to an inapplicable fork about HBO.

You may or may not be right about this being a benefit withdrawn by stealth, but I completely agree with your last sentence.

The HBO free seat selection benefit was withdrawn about a year ago, for silver and gold card holders.

Irons80
    Participant

Thanks for bumping this thread, yet again…
    When was free seat selection ever a benefit for card holders on an HBO fare???

canucklad
    Participant

I never said it was, I’m just questioning BA’s thought process and double speak when launching them : )

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Irons80 – 13/04/2016 10:23 BST

“Thanks for bumping this thread, yet again…
    When was free seat selection ever a benefit for card holders on an HBO fare???”

Before 26 March, 2015.

Dear Mr FDOS_UK

We would like to advise you of the following change to our Hand Baggage Only (HBO) fare.

Please note that for bookings made from 26 March 2015 British Airways will allocate a seat for all customers booking an HBO low fare on a short haul flight with us.

When travelling on these great value fares, your seat will be allocated when check-in opens. Should you wish to change your seat you can pay to do so at that time or alternatively pay to reserve a seat when you book your flight. If you are travelling with an infant on an HBO fare your seat will continue to be allocated at the time of booking. The changes apply to all Executive Club Members booking HBO fares. For all other fares, Bronze Members can continue to select their seat for free 7 days before departure and Silver and Gold Members at the time of booking for free.

Irons80
    Participant

Not you canucklad.. the ‘other’ poster did… the one who continues to bump this thread

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Irons80 – 13/04/2016 10:48 BST

Another vinegar flavoured post, with a stupid question, followed up by another negative post.

One of these days, you will post something positive or of interest, but I won’t hold my breath.

Irons80
    Participant

One of this days you will stop posting altogether, but I won’t hold my breath.

CLASS BULLY YOU ARE…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Bully? ROTFL. Pot, kettle, black.

Irons80
    Participant

Well, already others on this forum have had cause to question your attitude and tone just this week. But you ignore them and you insult me as usual. Where do you get off telling me what I should or shouldn’t be posting or whether what I post is ‘positive or of interest’???
    I just wait now for your partners in crime to come along and back you up…

Meanwhile, my theory is that BA have specifically targeted you to be affected by all of their IT issues. Just you.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls