Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 537 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael – 07/02/2016 11:33 GMT

I think you may have missed the irony in my post about th eimpact of the oil price 😉

Swissdiver
    Participant

If my memory serves, I received a communication from BA a while ago indicating that free seating for Gold members was not an available option on those new light fares (i.e. with no checked-in luggage).

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Swissdiver – 07/02/2016 17:00 GMT

You are right about HBO fares, but this seems to apply to all Y fares.

MrMichael
    Participant

FDOS, I can assure you I did get the irony. I also got the irony that you, someone that seems to hate BA with incredible vengeance keep such a close eye on it……perhaps to the point of your being obsessed. 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

How can one hate a corporation?

I just comment on it’s behaviour, it’s entertaining.

Inline with BA’s behaviours, I think it should pay £50m per year extra tax to use the word ‘British’, when the real name should be ‘London and South Eastern’ Airlines.

MrMichael
    Participant

To pay the extra tax FDOS, Golds will have to forego their free seat selection at time of booking. My dividend must be protected at any cost.

Gold-2K
    Participant

A slightly different subject, recently bought 2 first class LHR / BOS for Easter. Both of us are Gold so was able to select 1A and 1K on a 747. Two weeks after booking, my partners Gold card expired and on checking my booking I found that he had been bumped back to 4E. When I called GGL line I was told he “wasn’t entitled” to preselect row 1 so he had been moved.

Now that IS petty and mean spirited.

SimonS1
    Participant

It is petty, however on that one it has always been the case that if your status falls they would move you to accommodate those whose status has increased.

TominScotland
    Participant

FDOS_UK – 07/02/2016 10:43 GMT “A combination of sources, including personal experience (I have a silver card.)”

Maybe you could share your combination of sources, FDOS_UK? You might be correct but evidence points otherwise for me.

I have just booked GLA – LHR return for next month – allocated 2C on both legs and, out of interest, looked to change – 3C, 4D available on outbound, 1D and 4C on the return – all aisle seats. I also booked GLA – LHR – GVA a couple of weeks ago and had no problem selecting aisle seats in Economy for the GVA legs.

Maybe we should all start dubious rumours?

“……air to remove all seats on their flights to pack in more passengers”

“……jet to fly upside down to conserve fuel”

“ME3 to operate fair and decent working conditions for all employees ” – no that would be going too far from the credible!! Having spent a couple of days recently in the flight kitchen of one of them, I cannot see that ever happening.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

TominScotland – 08/02/2016 02:07 GMT

LOL – none of the seats you mention are exit rows, are they?

You did read my opening post, didn’t you?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Gold-2K – 07/02/2016 22:06 GMT

I empathise with you and agree with SImonS1’s view.

BA are mean spirited in this respect.

Morning – we have contacted British Airways to see if we can get confirmation or otherwise on this, and will post as soon as we get a response.

mkcol74
    Participant

I contacted BA via Twitter last night & was informed this was incorrect – the only instance you would not be able to select an exit row seat in economy was if it was an HBO fare.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

@mkcol74 I did the same and am awaiting a response. Hopefully all replies will be positive.

mkcol74
    Participant

@cheeryguy Here’s the response (I think this will work!)

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/696512297074823169

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls