Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 537 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Oh give it a rest and read some other threads. It is not compulsory to read thisone.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK

‘This thread is nearly 500 posts long and I reflect that it would be rather shorter if not for the personal attacks on me by certain posters.

By comparison, the similar thread on Flyertalk is now nearing 750 posts, so it seems that some people are interested.

I honestly don’t think BA cares about this issue, as can be seen from the Twitter thread, their people don’t seem fully briefed on it, so expecting a response here is rather unlikely, as much as it would be welcome.’

Therein lies my point. If you don’t believe BA cares, and no response is likely, why continually bring this to the fore. No one new is remarking on this issue, just the same posters, some like me checking if something new has been enhanced, and yes, maybe some others to attack, either way, has this thread not served it’s purpose and run its course?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Dutchyankee

If the purpose was to provoke a reaction from BA, then I’d agree, but there are quite a lot of people who lurk on here and this thread informs people who are not aware of the situation; it may not matter to some, it may matter to others, but at least they will have an informed choice. If BT decided that the thread was no longer appropriate, I’m sure they would lock it and I’d accept their decision, as it is their website.

I’m amazed that there is still a need to alert people, as we are now in the 10th week since the problem emerged.

ba747fan1
    Participant

FDOS – You yourself state has gone on for the 10th week and so it is no longer necessary to keep alerting people! Do you alert regarding anything negative on Easyjet or anything else or are they all perfect.

Perhaps update when you get your beloved emergency exit seat (if you do not cancel another booking due to it).

You also started the BA IT threat the other day – a slight frustration I am sure and clearly affected others (including me) but they did not need to start a thread regarding a glitch. Good to see you are flying BA despite the seat!

I also think that some of the rudeness is unncessary!

I really think the thread has served its purpose. Things such as the Ex Eu thread are really useful as sure affects a number of us more seriously!

Henryp1
    Participant

dos 11.42

No need to think through thanks.

I understand that those who are loosing status are those who purchase the cheaper/est tickets; so any reduction in benefits will affect those if changes continue. But change is good and the need to maintain integrity of the BAEC is important. Potentially they will complain, but as has been posted on the forum probably numerous times BA dont care about those passengers; only those who spend on high value tickets.

My experience is that complainants and the value of the complaint can often be associated to their own net worth/expenditure and the loss of non profit passengers would probably not be missed. As numerous airlines have overhauled FF programmes is positive to the company and also members who spend appropriately to receive benefits.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

ba747fan1 – 13/04/2016 12:13 BST

How do you know that people are aware? There is no annnouncement on ba.com and the only people we can be sure know, are those on here who post – many more lurk, maybe it has helped some of them.

So far, easyJet’s IT systems have worked perfectly for me; if they did not, I would take exactly the same view – if you take the time to look back some days, you will find me expressing very strong disapproval of something easyJet did to another passenger. I also take out the big hammer to Emirates, from time to time, but the reason BA gets more stick is simply that their systems seem to experience more problems.

Why shouldn’t I start a thread about the repeated glitch on ‘lost bookings’ on here? If it results in one person following the advice of any of the posters who suggested different ways of avoiding the problem, then in my opinion, it was worthwhile.

I’m sure that the ex-EU thread is more useful to those who fly ex-EU and of little interest to those who do not. I do not fly ex-EU, but I still find it an appropriate thread for a business travel site.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Henryp1 – 13/04/2016 12:31 BST

“I understand that those who are loosing status are those who purchase the cheaper/est tickets”

Non-sequitur.

To some extent, perhaps, but not as much as one may assume, because BAEC is based on cabin class and distance flown, not yield (or even revenue.)

For example, I’ve had a silver card for years, yet my spend has often been £8-12k per annum, but because of the class and flight length, (edited) and the need for flex tickets, I’ve never got near gold.

On the other hand, some people take cheap TP runs and get gold for as little as £2-3k or do the minimum around Europe. Fair enough, that’s how BAEC is set up.

So people who got their GCHs through travel that just scraped them over the threshold may now receive a soft landing to silver.

Having disagreed with you on this point, I do agree that BAEC was becoming too large and there were symptoms for all to see.

lloydah
    Participant

Isn’t the whole point that it is STILL an advertised perk for SCH’s and not being upheld?

If BA simply said “We’ve taken this benefit” the whole thing would be over. This is back door cheating from a company too idle or frightened to admit they are reducing benefits.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

lloydah – 13/04/2016 13:17 BST

+1 to the benefit being withheld.

MrDarwin
    Participant

Why anyone who is clearly irritated by this thread continues to read it and post nasty comments to people is beyond me. It’s like willingly sitting in front of the TV and watching your most hated TV show. Bizarre.

I saw a thread on Scandinavian Cruise 2016 or something which didn’t interest me in the slightest – so I didn’t bother reading it. If you don’t wanna know, don’t read.

BA have an IT issue affecting business travellers and it’s clearly important to some people, so let them discuss it free from nasty personal comments.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

MrDarwin – 13/04/2016 13:43 BST
    BA have an IT issue affecting business travellers and it’s clearly important to some people, so let them discuss it free from nasty personal comments.

+1

It has always puzzled me, on various chat forums I’ve participated in over the years, why some people complain about chat topics – on forums designed for chat.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

ba747fan1
    Participant

All fine saying do not read but when it is bumped to the top and not really that important (plus combined with a separate one on BA IT – started similar time as this being bumped) then it takes up 2 out of 5 of the topics immediately visible.

canucklad
    Participant

I suspect it’s only Gold card members who find this topic tiresome : )

FDOS_UK
    Participant

canucklad – 13/04/2016 15:05 BST

Priceless 🙂

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

canucklad – 13/04/2016 15:05 BST
    I suspect it’s only Gold card members who find this topic tiresome : )

🙂

Indeed, seems to be the way of it.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls