Worst BA lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)

• helenscott
    Participant

Rio is by far the worst lounge that BA use, granted it’s not their own lounge however there is a standard you expect to experience when travelling with BA in premium cabins.

PlaneSpeaking
    Participant

DoorsToManual, I went through Mumbai earlier this year travelling BA first back to LHR and I wasn’t too impressed with the lounge. There didn’t seem to be any clear differentiation between the designated areas for Business and First so it was a bit of a free for all given that it’s shared and although it was pleasant enough, the food was limited in terms of quantity, variety and appeal and I didn’t even see the spa. Don’t get me wrong – it was still a pleasant enough space for a couple of hours and considerably better than the pitiful offering in DXB and the new terminal 2 at Mumbai was a dream to breeze through. In fact, I probably allowed too much time as I was in the lounge within about 10 minutes of arriving at the superb first class check-in area which was lovely.

Back on topic, I’m in Cyprus fairly regularly and the non-exclusive BA lounge at Larnaca (shared with other airlines and Priority Pass) is very pleasant with some decent nibbles and never feels busy. I use LCA when I can’t fly direct to Paphos as BA only operate a Summer schedule to PFO. The BA lounge at PFO was also non-exclusive and shared with others/PP and operated by the same outfit which runs the LCA lounge. It used to be ok although they seem to have reduced the food budget over the last year or so but at least it’s a lounge. As has already been said when there is one thing worse than the “worst BA lounge” and that is having no lounge facility at all, BA stopped offering the PFO lounge late last year (it’s the only Business lounge in the airport) and have taken to dishing out food and drink vouchers at the “dedicated” Club check-in to be used in the airport “caff.” Luckily, I have PP and can still use the PFO lounge (which is now remarkably bereft of BA Club passengers!) but given how the Club Europe product has been eroded in so many ways and now that BA are finally introducing the long awaited 320’s to replace the very tired 737’s on this route, this means the new seating is in place so it’s questionable as to what we’re actually paying for – no policing of dedicated Club Europe check-in (at least in PFO), no lounge, no extra legroom, no extra seat pitch, inconsistent meal service/quality and an overall pitiful Club offering for a near 5-hour flight when compared to Tel Aviv for example and so on. Sorry, I’m going off topic again…!

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls