Worst BA lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Given the lack of consistency across nearly all airlines lounge network I wonder if we could put together a list of ‘other lounges’ at main airports which might be better than the mainstream airline lounges. Two I am thinking of are “Priority Pass’ that I can use with my Amex Card and ‘Premlum Lounges’ that you pay for. I only have specific experience of a “Priority Pass” Lounge in Jakarta and have only seen a Premium Lounge at Hong Kong’s CLK which seemed reasonable. Just a thought for thread members who do not hold a membership at a high enough level to get access to all airline lounges.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I openly admit to believing none of the T5 lounges should be included in this list………. neither should the Bridge lounge in HKG – polite and helpful staff – even got me onto an earlier flight to BKK for zero charge, whilst in London BA/Cathay wanted to charge….

Too early for drink…hmmm, may be not….

oneworldflier101
    Participant

Agree BA First Lounge at JFK is a shocker – last there in Sept and was full because an ANA flight was delayed. Cheap wine, poor food choice, very dark and tired furniture. Better going to Club lounge as you have to eat there anyway.

If flying JFK-LHR in Club with Gold card its better to book onto an AA flight (with a BA flight code for more avios) – then can use their Flagship Lounge and their way better Club product on their 777-300ER! (no jumping over someone in the night).

In Europe I always think the Nice Airport lounge is poor – so many BA flights per day they should really have their own lounge.

One tip – if you fly BA internal in South Africa you can use their SLOW Lounges (have used in Cape Town and Joburg) – they are amazing – food buffet stunning, full service bar with cocktails, great wines fridges, toilets cleaned after every user, wifi works. In the BA Joburg Galleries Lounge the wifi is appalling. Seriously the UK BA Lounge head should get down there fast and learn a few things from the SLOW lounges!

http://www.slowlounge.co.za/about

richardofFrancepp
    Participant

What amazes me is with the constant poor reports of BA both on the ground and in the air, is why anybody flies with them, please explain!

David61
    Participant

I don’t and won’t.

richardofFrancepp
    Participant

Ditto

TominScotland
    Participant

Fair question, richardoaten but the reality is that many people continue to do so and some (a minority, granted) even express their satisfaction on this site.

Worth having a look at http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/capa-outlook-2015-western-europe—uncertain-impact-of-lower-fuel-prices-to-determine-the-outlook-209504

You may not like BA but it seems they are doing a better job as a business than their main European rivals.

afrance
    Participant

Completely agree about the SLOW lounges in South Africa – particularly in the domestic at CPT, (do try the loos)… the International one at JNB (which you now have to use for BA flights internationally operated by Comair) is also pleasant but not as good (or large) as CPT domestic. I think that they are all available to Priority pass too (or indeed pay on entry)

David61
    Participant

The three big companies that I cannot abide more than any other all have British in their name-British Airways,British Gas and British Telecom

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

David 61, salvation is at hand – British Fish and Chips ( with salt and vinegar) !!

David61
    Participant

Forget the salt and I’ll agree with you.

esselle
    Participant

Re the DXB lounge, which I agree is awful, I think BA will, with a lot of other carriers. move their flights to the new “D” concourse when it opens. This was due around Easter, but I understand it will now be nearer Autumn.

Let’s see.

TominScotland
    Participant

Returning to DoorToManual’s original post about LGW, I have just used the First Lounge. As usual, I experienced this as a quiet and attractive space in the slightly decaying sense of an old country house hotel – well worn but comfortable. Given that Gatwick serves very few First passengers and most users must therefore be Gold card holders, I am not sure what the complaints are about. The food offering is certainly adequate and far better than that offered in recent visits to European hub lounges – Amsterdam (KLM) and Dublin (Aer Lingus). We also know that BA will vacate both North Terminal Lounges in the near future so really am not sure what the fuss is all about?

SenatorGold
    Participant

I tend to agree with Tom. As a Gold card holder every couple of months I used the BA First lounge at LGW. I’m usually there early morning for the BA flights to the Caribbean (the Barbados, Bermuda, St Lucia and Port of Spain flights do have First)/ The breakfast offering is fine and I always look forward to a bowl of porridge. The serving staff are always friendly and courteous. They do a good job of keeping the lounge tidy. I’ve always received a warm welcome from the lounge receptionists. On my last visit I was there about 7.15am and it was peaceful and relaxing. However, I do know that at times it can get very busy. Yes it probably can do with a refurbishment but as BA will be leaving the North Terminal that won’t happen. The lounge rather reminds me of the old BA First lounge in T1.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think the only critique of the LGW lounges are the views from the business lounge is fantastic but there is no view from the F lounge…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls