Worst BA lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ CathayLoyalist2 – 19/02/2015 11:04 GMT

+1 LOL!

canucklad
    Participant

As a now lowly Bronze with BA, I’m not sure I’m allowed to have an opinion on this distinguished and erudite topic……

In the past I thought LGW’s galleries lounge was spacious, and the food offering adequate. The drink offering was more than adequate. The EDI lounge, less so, apart from the choice of whiskies : )
    As a “ British” airline I don’t understand why they don’t put as much effort into non-LHR lounges as they do at T5 .. The North lounge is a bit Majjorkaish, but the South and satellite lounges really step up to the mark.

Now for the worst BA lounge……. Sadly I’m going to nominate their effort at YVR. Stale up turned sandwiches, empty beer fridges and notably a TV that can’t be tuned into Vancouver’s obsession.
    Having said that , very pleasant staff who profusely apologised for not being able to tune into the hockey, as I fled the lounge in horror.

NTarrant
    Participant

Any lounge is better than no lounge! Except Terminal 1 at Riyadh which both the First and Business lounge are exactly the same, poor seating, poor offering of food and you have to walk through the smoking area to get on the escalator, unless you use the lift.

Ok it’s not a BA operated lounge but does not help them

Falcon7x
    Participant

NTarrant – I thought I had wiped Riyadh’s lounge from my memory, but you have just bought it all back! Isn’t that the one in the rafters that is quite possibly the hottest place in Riyadh?! The perfect place for a cold beer…oh, wait…

NTarrant
    Participant

Sorry Falcon7x to bring back that memory for you. Yes indeed it is, extremely hot particularly during the summer. Mmm! That cold beer, a nice thought, just have to wait some hours!

afrance
    Participant

I’d have to say I was VERY unimpressed with the new lounge in Amsterdam Schipol. OK – it was particularly bad because you had to walk through a pretty damp and rainy outdoors to get there (that will change) but the food selection was dreadful, (curly sandwiches about it) and fo9r something that is supposed to be new I really thought BA could have done better. It’s not as if it’s shared with anyone else – you just have to blame BA. A pretty dreadful way to start 14 hours flying with them… fortunately it got better with the transfer in T5

Nogbad01
    Participant

I think I have a winner. (though there is an excuse).
    Currently the first and business lounge at Nairobi is a cordoned off area of the gate. Complete with plastic chairs and a table with a few bottles of booze and some sandwiches. The WiFi doesn’t work, and worst of all, to use the toilets you have to go back out through 2 security checks (belts and shoes off please).
    Of course, the excuse is that the terminal building burned down last year so they are making do with what they can, but one old guy was getting pretty close to a heart attack he was so miffed. Some people need to sort out their priorities 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

afrance – 19/02/2015 16:46 GMT : I’d have to say I was VERY unimpressed with the new lounge in Amsterdam Schipol…. It’s not as if it’s shared with anyone else – you just have to blame BA.

It’s shared with Cathay. Although, of course, Cathay have nothing to do with running it, so you are correct that you just have to blame BA!

esselle
    Participant

Whilst it was a shared, and not dedicated BA lounge, CAI needs a mention. Domestic kettle, large drum of instant coffee powder, large drum of dried milk, plastic spoons to stir………..

In the loos, a guy with attitude and outheld hand…..no tip meant you and your mother were cursed to oblivion….happily my grasp of the language was sufficiently limited that I did not get the precise meaning of what he was saying…

David61
    Participant

Not as bad as having no international flights just because your airport is not in London.

slotski
    Participant

I agree the JFK 1st lounge is underwhelming, the food choice was pathetic and the air con was not up to the job in the summer. In a way it reminded me of LGW besides the free flowing champagne, the Club Lounge was proberly better than 1st. I’m currently dining at the Heathrow Qatar lounge, its my first time here and I am thinking WOW.

Falcon7x
    Participant

Slotski – I completely agree, the Qatar lounge is fabulous. I’m there again on Saturday and am looking forward to it. Looking forward to Krug in Doha also!!

PhilipHart
    Participant

Without doubt where I am now – ORD. What a dismal, lightless, mirthless dump.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

The Dubai lounge is total rubbish, but oddly, similar to the Virgin lounge at Dubai. Seems as if both just surrendered to EK. My home lounge at BHD is far superior to both of them , not bad for a simple domestic, inc direct boarding from the lounge. In DXB you walk for a mile. Was there not some talk of DXB being upgraded soon? The lounge offering is a joke compared to what is available on the ME3.

richardofFrancepp
    Participant

Where Qatar have their own lounge it is very good. But where they use another operator, it falls to pieces. For example in CDG1 they use AF premier. It is terrible, I asked for a better selection of food, and was told you get fed on the plane. To get their 1500 380 flight I have to leave my home in SW France at 0430, therefore a decent selection of food would be welcome. Also the lounge does not have its own toilets.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls