Worst BA lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

• DoorsToManual
    Participant

I know I started this thread and have asked people to ‘stay focused’, well, I just need to say that the lounge at Mumbai Airport is impressive. It’s used by all the airlines but is a really good space. 30 minute free spa treatments for First passengers and I only had to wait 20 mins…a far cry from never being able to get a treatment at the Elemis SPa at T5, even when flying First and trying to book a week in advance with You First.

K1ngston
    Participant

Ian_from_HK sorry its taken me so long to respond been travelling funnily enough what does YMMV mean sorry I am obviously retarded on this one 🙂 ??

SimonS1
    Participant

YMMV = “your mileage may vary”, or more loosely you may have a different view.

afrance
    Participant

“Your Mileage May Vary” – or … “your experience may be different”

K1ngston
    Participant

Thank you both you learn something new everyday 🙂

PhilipHart
    Participant

Flipping this thread on its head, I would like to nominate the BA lounge at George Best Belfast City Airport – and especially “Lounge Angel” Ruth – as being one of the most friendly airports that I frequent on a regular basis.

icenspice
    Participant

@PH

Do you not think it would be even better if they served an all-day Ulster Fry?

PhilipHart
    Participant

@icenspice, Absolutely!!

But – absent such delights – I will happily take a warm, welcoming person (like Ruth) any day of the week.

icenspice
    Participant

Warm welcome guaranteed at BHD!

SGJNI1961
    Participant

As I posted earlier, BHD is hard to beat. Is Ruth the lovely lady who poured me a drink the other week? If so. I must thank her again next weekend. The lounge is spotless, the sandwiches delicious and the drinks quite reasonable. There are usually a couple of lads waiting tables through the week who are also very helpful.
    By the way, if I’m booked on Flybe EDI/BHD do I get any lounge access at EDI for being Gold?????

goalie11
    Participant

Funnily enough I asked the same question of BA last week when I was searching Avios flights from BHD to EDI. I got options via LHR or a direct with Flybe. I asked if I could use the lounge at BHD as I am Gold, however, in keeping with BA’s lack of customer service I am still waiting for a reply, which is well after the flights I was hoping to take so I didn’t bother.

TominScotland
    Participant

SGJNI1961 and goalie11, I am fairly certain that the answer is no!!

openfly
    Participant

BHD….that lady is amazing! We arrived early at BA check-in on a Friday evening for our flight. We asked if we could possibly go on the earlier flight. No chance as it was a cash plus Avios ticket….no flexibility.
    On arrival at the lounge, this delightful lady asked if we were the people requesting the earlier flight. There had obviously been some internal chat in the few minutes since our request.
    Within 5 mins she strode down the lounge with a big beaming smile with new boarding cards for the earlier flight….brilliant and memorable service.
    I hope she reads this. Of course, I daren’t put a complementary in for her as she will probably get the sack for bending the rules!
    Yup BHD….one of the BEST BA lounges.

openfly
    Participant

@TominScotland

When Flybe had the lounge at LGW they allowed a BA Silver or a Gold to go in if the flight had a BA flight number. ….this is often the case, but hidden away somewhere!

inthesandpit
    Participant

Lets hope BA moves to the new concourse D in DXB and open a decent lounge. All other airlines operating through T1 in DXB are due to move to this new facility to let the EK Empire to expand.
    Although I must admit the BA one in concourse C is better than the one QR uses. It is just a long walk from the BA lounge to the ‘normal’ BA stands that are allocated.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls