Worst BA lounge?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

You know there is one thing worse than the “worst BA lounge” and that is having no lounge facility at all..

Try flying from Gatwick, with no lounge access…… will make the BA Gatwick North lounge feel like paradise…

richardofFrancepp
    Participant

I fly regularly Easyjet LGW-BOD, No lounge, South Terminal has plenty of seating, and on top of that the Easyjet service runs on time unlike BA on the same route.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Orly(shared with Iberia) is totally inconvenient and the wrong side of security. It is a couple of years since I went through Gatwick First, but it always used to be good if you were after Premium Brand alcohol, but less so if you were traveling with kids or liked views out onto the apron.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Maybe not the worst lounge but just tried the new Qantas/BA lounge at LAX and was totally underwhelmed. I needed the check in for another flight and they don’ t even have computers or a printer, unbelievable!.

JasmineBear
    Participant

BA First at SFO… even smaller than LGW North First…. by a factor of 2-3x smaller

DoorsToManual
    Participant

That can’t be possible…smaller than LGW North First? What’s the food offering like?
    DXB lounge that should offer a ‘full meal’ as it serves a Sleeper Service is a real joke. Not enough seats and a LONG way from the gate.

JasmineBear
    Participant

Underwhelming food

Here is a photo and report…. It’s so small they actually call it the “First Room” ….

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/126224/

Gold-2K
    Participant

They should rename SFO FIrst as a Concorde room and reserve for first class passengers only …… and better police who goes in as the location of the entrance out of sight of reception means that anyone, intentionally or otherwise can wander in. I have often been in there and on boarding have not seen anyone from the lounge in the first cabin. It seems unfair that First travellers can’t get in.

However the report above is old and the lounge, while still the same size has had a makeover and generally has a reasonably good selection of food. The staff in there, particularly Andrew makes a GREAT effort to offer first class service, with little touches like strawberries and cream during Wimbledon etc. There is no dining facility but with a 10 hour flight ahead its no big deal.

So its not the worst by any stretch!

JasmineBear
    Participant

@G2K – I agree, staff are friendly, but if you can’t actually use it because it is too small and all seats / room is taken, it falls into that category…. And it is full to bursting on virtually every flight I have used it in 2014

pheighdough
    Participant

I agree with all the above, the First Room is very small and crowded. Plus, last time I was there I overheard a member of staff, telling a passenger in the main lounge to go into the First Room and help themselves. They came in and settled down.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

K1ngston, YMMV, and obviously does, but I was very unimpressed with catering in the MAS F KUL lounge – so much so I ended up going to the CX J lounge to get a decent glass of wine instead of the awful muscadet which was the ONLY choice offered by MH (in any of their lounges)

fatbear
    Participant

I also quite like the lounge at Tegel, the salami sandwiches are delicious. The Ham and Egg sandwiches are pretty good too. the white wines are quite drinkable as well

Worst lounge I have been to recently is Barcelona. It looks quite stylish but very limited drink selection and only peanuts and crisps for food.

The food offering at the Lounge at Lyon is pretty dismal, as was Rome.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Monday morning…are you sitting in a BA Lounge? Does it live up to your expectations? I’m starting my day in the always crowded T5 North Lounge.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

BA’s First lounge at JFK for what is a premium route is knackered and shabby. Given they have 9 flights a day not to mention OW partner access a refurbishment is well overdue – note to the BA bean counters!. Across the network CX’s lounges are excellent, ok a shade of bias I guess, but on a bad day CX is miles better than most AA lounges. I to have a soft spot for Tegel – it works and its cosy. As for the new airport you might just see Halley’s comet first.

Falcon7x
    Participant

BA’s lounge at GIG T1 is pretty poor. Next to no food offering, drinks selection is poor, seating is less than adequate. It’s also a long walk from the lounge, through drab corridors, to the gate.

The DXB lounge is more like a holding pen.

I cant help but think that this whole thread is a bit of a ‘first world problem’. Like MartynSinclair said – any lounge is better than no lounge!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls