Why Does BA Fly from Heathrow to Leeds Bradford?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)

• DanielRawson
    Participant

Big news from Leeds is that we are getting electricity in 2014 and have been earmarked for gas in 2022.!!!! If someone could tell me the benefits of a toilet inside th house I would be interested );

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dan/African, ignore him he is just being ignorant. Strangely it was him that advised me yesterday there no need to be rude… ever! then deleted the post!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Not long ago we were in a long thread about good manners on this forum … and that seems to have been forgotten. I know VK is trying to be witty, but he has just failed miserably in his attempt. Just be glad one those Leeds passengers did not set his whippet on you. And next time you patronise (I use the word advisedly) a flight between Manchester and London we’ll throw our tripe sandwiches at you.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

To quote from another thread “Yet again the forum descends into not very bright sarcasm, and hardly the comments an intelligent business traveller would make…”

transtraxman
    Participant

You all miss the point.

VK, himself, is just being facetious. He knows that the reason given is for BA to slot sit – he suggested it himself on another thread some time ago. His problem is he cannot get over the fact that people “up north” actually eat plums they do not just stick them in their mouths to talk to others.

The real reason for the slot sitting is to get all the traffic from London to Leeds off rail and on to BA´s planes. BA wants to kill off HS2. If not it would have started services to Liverpool, Teeside, Blackpool or even Inverness but no, it ensures it has services to the two destinations of HS2, Manchester and Leeds.

Simple, by gum, innit?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

A bottle of Sam Smith’s has more character than a methusulah of Vintage Krug.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Gosh, some of you are a miserable lot! 🙂

Daniel, you are quite right that inside loos are much overrated, or so I tell the gardener.

He thought it was Christmas when we replaced the Izal with Andrex in a large Tupperware container. I think that was 1988, but I haven’t been in there since.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

FormerlyDoS – 15/04/2013 07:38 GMT

Sam Smiths…. Now we’re talking turkey!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Actually, FDoS, I think the point is that Sam Smith’s has better taste than Vintage Krug. It is certainly tasteless to make silly facetious remarks about cities in t’north.

I think we all appreciate that this is mainly slot-sitting, and we do not know if it is protect slots for more long-haul use, or to try and stymie HS2. My money is on the former – HS2 is just too far in the future.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

David, WW is a strong believer in integrated transport. More than anything he wants to see HS2 in to LHR then he can stop flights domestically.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“It is certainly tasteless to make silly facetious remarks about cities in t’north.”

Bullingdon club behaviour, I agee.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Oh, please. You really do make me laugh, DoS.

Let’s have a pleasant, constructive start to the week, please.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

the only thing wrong up north was the result on Saturday Leeds 2 – 1 Sheffield Wednesday.

SimonS1
    Participant

Far be it for me to defend VK but I did think it was meant in a humorous way. You can see the irony on the departures screen – Rio, Paris, New York, Milan, Leeds.

Doesn’t make sense to be running flights to Leeds with a handful of passengers as I said on another thread. Capacity clearly isn’t that much of an issue otherwise the powers that be would knock a few heads together and replace a virtually empty A318 to Leeds with a full 777 to somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls