Why Does BA Fly from Heathrow to Leeds Bradford?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

There can’t be any possible reason, unless people are popping back from the sun to collect their giros, and appreciate the fast connections at T5.

Saw it boarding this evening, a forlorn rag-tag of passengers, some with only carrier bags as hand luggage.

Only about 35 people queuing to board, and it’s been going a few months now.

Why isn’t it replaced with a service somewhere useful? Is there a regulatory reason or something?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/destinations/leeds-and-bradford

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You surprise me!!!

WW gave a solid reason for that service last year but cant remember what. I think it was only temporary for something else. Then again they may have achieved their margins on that service

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Thanks, VK.

You have give me a proper giggle on a very dull evening. Mrs HFF has banished me to the study after I upset her mother at lunch.

I am imagining the scene right now. Pure gold.

Bucksnet
    Participant

It’s only slot sitting until BA get more long haul aircraft.

DanielRawson
    Participant

VK

I’m from Leeds and although I don’t wish to come over as sycophantic I have to admit that when I’m flying from Europe into Leeds and all the uk flights are at gates close to each other I do go a little green as I walk past the LHR gate and see a slightly smarter clientele. Hopefully this flight will be preserved as I actually prefer going through LHR than Skipol. Unfortunately the flight times aren’t great since the aircraft sleeps in London rather than Leeds.

DanielRawson
    Participant

VK

I’m from Leeds and although I don’t wish to come over as sycophantic I have to admit that when I’m flying from Europe into Leeds and all the uk flights are at gates close to each other I do go a little green as I walk past the LHR gate and see a slightly smarter clientele. Hopefully this flight will be preserved as I actually prefer going through LHR than Skipol. Unfortunately the flight times aren’t great since the aircraft sleeps in London rather than Leeds.

BlackTower
    Participant

My dad sat next to Geoffrey Boycott in the 1980s BD LHR to Leeds

He didn’t have a carrier bag

too poor

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

…some with only carrier bags for hand luggage.

This really is the end of civilisation as we know it. The next thing you’ll be telling us is that they’ve scrapped the Poor Laws, granted recognition to the trades unions, introduced a minimum wage and have given chavs and women the vote…!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Do chavs vote? That’s a worry.

I’ve been to Leeds, and rather liked it (surprisingly good restaurants). But I probably saw more of the Thora Hird and Alan Bennett side of it.

There was a nice hotel which was very homely:

http://www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/oulton-hall.html

The lack of washing was they key problem – perhaps someone could have a word with the airport fire service and douse the less well groomed clientele while they head up the airstairs?

For how long does the slot sitting have to happen?

DanielRawson
    Participant

VK
    On the hotel I’d have to disagree. Although I’ve never stayed the night there i have been to functions and never really enjoyed. Perhaps it’s because it’s a De Vere hotel, a group which in my eyes thinks a lot more of itself than it should do. I’ve always felt they have illusions of grandeur but they can’t ever quite pull it off.

HBHLondon
    Participant

I find it extraordinary that someone like VK who comes across as being a serious man, woman or whatever he might be, can write such very rude comments about people and a city.

Fights are for everyone, not only for people like yourself with an ego the size of planet earth.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Leeds is a good night out for students!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Where’s Leeds? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls