Unpleasant behaviour on the forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

I think the thread should stay. I think with a very small number of exceptions the posts are clear, thought through and to the point.

May I say that I think some of the points should be taken on board at BT.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

They will be.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I also think that it should stay.

We have four pages of mainly reasoned discussion and I second CX Diamond, AOTG and John Harpers comments.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Hi All,
    As a relatively new member, I did ask in my very first post if the “banter” was for real or not and was given to understand that if you were all in the same room, no blood would be lost. This thread would suggest otherwise.
    Is VK a “troll”??? I think not. Does he spark opinion, debate , objection, reaction, discussion??? Yes. Do all of you seasoned posters like it? No!
    Big fishes, small pond?????
    I’m just a simple country solicitor who likes to get the most out of his trips/airmiles. You lot are the “experts”. The whole point I thought was to exchange useful information. You all do this superbly!!!! The point of posting is surely to contribute, even if you disagree. Even if you disagree with VK. Or anyone else. Many of you were kind enough to help me with my first post, I was grateful for the advice offered. I dont really care if any of you are pushing an agenda so long as the basic info is correct ( 5 pages about the seating in J/D on an A380 is beyond daft, In my opinion).
    It seems obivious to me that you need a few more new members to “dilute” the situation. Those of us who fly “business” only 2/3 times a year appreciate all of your insights I’ m sure, but, why do you have to attack each other????
    You all have your own report/history/experience and so what if VK likes BA over all others (usually).
    Sorry if I’m on the wrong site.
    Sorry VK, you were the easy example of a “target”, I haven’t been around long enough to follow all the groups.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

SGJNI1961 – 28/03/2013 20:35 GMT

I’m pleased you joined the debate and think you will find that we will all value your opinion.

I don’t agree with some of your post, but am happy to see you that have a perspective and feel able to express it – people posting in a reasonable manner seldom get attacked in my experience.

In the meantime. let us know if we can provide any more useful info.

Andrew66
    Participant

I’m new on here and find the forum lively and interesting also informative , I have however found that certain contributors do like to antagonise each other , but so far I’ve found I’ve had no nastiness or personal attacks on me , but then again I have no desire to treat fellow contributors in that way . We can all make our points and opinions and while I might not agree with some I don’t expect everyone to agree with mine , but that shouldn’t turn into unpleasant behaviour , I think over moderating this forum would make it lose some of its impetus but I would have thought that a forum for business travellers would see healthy debate and not childish name calling and in the main it is .

AsiaPacific
    Participant

Site Admin – Do not delete this post please !

In my opinion this post would not even be necessary if the moderation was undertaken differently and personal abuse , flaming , trolling , etc – which are almost universally not allowed on many other sites was enforced here. It is all the worse for it I am afraid.
    We do not have to all agree – best if we don’t , but personal abuse or continual denial to post up detail after making ‘wild’ allegations should not be allowed and should be sanctioned.
    As some may say — “just because you talk a lot , does not mean you have much to say” – regards the volume of posts.
    Most people on all the forums on here have a lot to contribute and it adds value to us all to read this , until, a few ‘controllers’ decide they want to take over and steer everything in the direction they want to take.

From the 4 pages I have read on this topic there seems to be quite a theme emerging, sadly I am sure nothing much will change , especially with moderators suggesting to delete it all and pretend it never happened.
    Time for action Moderators / People … your forum can only be a better place for it .
    Debate , discuss and decide about introducing some sanctions against posters for ‘personal abuse’ and flaming against others.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Until BT decide to create a budget to make this a secure forum as previously indicated they were considering, this kind of nonesense will reappear as it is doing, every 6 months or so.

We have lost Rich, the AA guru and now we appear to have lost Ian, our man in HKG.

Whilst I love the publication, I blame the majority of this on BT who will not move this Forum forward, probably based on the amount of hits verses advertising revenue it gets by these pages being open.

We should not be losing posters / contributors like Ian and Rich + others.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Tom please delete it.

These types of threads get created all the time go round in circles, we get nowhere, distracts from the main subject of this forum “business travel”. Quite frankly if people cant accept it for what it is or for who people are they should just clear off.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

From the 4 pages I have read on this topic there seems to be quite a theme emerging, sadly I am sure nothing much will change , especially with moderators suggesting to delete it all and pretend it never happened.
    Time for action Moderators / People … your forum can only be a better place for it .

+1

Shearer
    Participant

alexpo1 – I am from Belfast but live in that London now.
    My last address in Norn Iron was in Carrick. Near Boneybefore/Eden.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Quite frankly if people cant accept it for what it is or for who people are they should just clear off.”

Was I married to you, once? 😉

AsiaPacific
    Participant

@BeckyBoop — I think the reason this type of debate continues is that no-one ever confronts the issue. Also accepting poor behaviour , in my opinion , is tantamount to condoning it. Please do not take this the wrong way , as I have seen people ‘flame’ you on this site before , which is totally unacceptable.
    Agree with MartynSinclair – BT needs to front up and decide where they stand on this. Maybe some of the miscreants are big advertisers with BT … I’m sure we will never know …

Shearer
    Participant

I actually get more annoyed by the puff pieces appearing in the airline review section. The Air Transat one the other day a typical example.

I think it’s a bit unfair to blame BT for all this. Are we not each responsible for our actions?

That said, there is some very functional forum software out there that would allow for voluntary moderation and perhaps an expansion of what is offered currently by this forum. See v-flyer.com for an example.

Very pleased to hear from you NIRscot… I was just about to go on an extended holiday 🙂

According to my mum, the Larne to Belfast train has been upgraded!

I miss County Antrim…it will always be home to me.

Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls