Unpleasant behaviour on the forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)

• AsiaPacific
    Participant

@johnharper , @stringfellow and others … sadly everything you say is very true and even more sad is the fact that he refuses to “I see no point in permitting navel gazing threads threads such as this”.

VK … I could use, some very apt Aussie language, but will refrain from doing so mate … as you do appear to be lacking in any form of understanding of the damage you personally are causing to the credibility of this great forum.

I really wonder what sort of position you manage to hold down, in what sort of organisation … with all the childish snipes and trolling.
    Rise above it all … and if you have nothing positive to add – keep it zipped — you are spoiling it for the rest of us …

VintageKrug
    Participant

…unfortunately, it’s important to illustrate what others are up to, set out the constant goading and sniping, and to ensure the indefensible is not defended.

Many of these threads run and run and I don’t bother with setting out what is plain to me and evidenced in black and white – that the constant sniping, post-stalking, goading and personal attacks come not from me, but from others.

I can assure you I’m completely in charge of my faculties!

It is not unreasonable to find being accused by BigDog of “spouting diarrhea”, as was the case in a post last night, unacceptable. That should be asserted as unacceptable, and others should feel the same way too.

Ian recognised this, and said as much prior to leaving the forum. He doesn’t take sides, and quite rightly so.

Many other personal attacks in this vein are either deleted by the posters or redacted by BT so no longer persist on the forum, so it can be hard for posters to see the trend, which is apparent from the posts I set out above.

It’s not just aimed at me, the vitriol squarely focussed on BeckyBoop last February, and I only returned to assert that she was not me as some of the abuse she was receiving was intolerable.

MartynSinclair has been accused of being my “lickspittle”, Hippocampus also comes in for attacks from these posters, too. They are not the only ones.

That’s it from me, I’m off for a swim in the pool now. I’ll leave you with these thoughts:

Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope.

Enjoy your Easter, one and all! 😉

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“VK … I could use, some very apt Aussie language, but will refrain from doing so mate … as you do appear to be lacking in any form of understanding of the damage you personally are causing to the credibility of this great forum. “

+1

Communipaw
    Participant

If you find that you have to call out posters here much like a laundry list, then unfortunately you yourself are part and parcel of the greater problem.

I enjoy this forum also, but I tire quickly of the America bashing.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

JohnHarper – 28/03/2013 11:30 GMT
    After a while, I came to the conclusion that the poster in question was a troll. That’s how I regard him to this day. I’m not sure why he is tolerated as he seems to bring far more bad than good.

Spot-on.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Irons80
    Participant

I am sorry, but I can hold my tongue no more.

I have been picked on and rudely attacked so many times by DofS and others of his ilk, because my opinions don’t fit to their world view. And now it’s a bit rich harping on about how damaging VK is.

I think EVERYONE should get off their high horse and take a look at a considered look at what they write and the impact it has, rather than blaming a few who they disagree with.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageKrug – 28/03/2013 11:46 GMT
    It is not unreasonable to find being accused by BigDog of “spouting diahorrea”, as was the case in a post last night, unacceptable.

Way too many double negs in there.

I think it you meant to say: “It is unreasonable to find being accused by BigDog of spouting diarrhoea acceptable.”

But I’d say: “You only post what you do for reaction, and you’ll be in t’internet heaven right now.”

Rgds.
    AOTG.

1nfrequent
    Participant

Ian – I’m really going to miss your contributions. Your comments to me last week about Cathay to Tokyo were really helpful and typical of the way you take time to help people. I very much hope that you return here but wish you well for the future.

As for bad behaviour, every poster is responsible for the way they respond to other people. I’ve been on other forums with heavy moderation and it stifles debate and information exchange. It wouldn’t be necessary if people walked away from provocation rather than rise to it and if posters didn’t decide to set out to provoke and goad others.

We’re all adults. We’re all responsible for how we behave and we’re all very capable of behaving in a mature way if we want to.

Rather than engage in slanging matches, why don’t we each practice the behaviour we want from others?

1F

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Shame another poster is leaving although I can understand it. I think many people are put off from joining in on this forum for fear of put downs, bitchy comments, criticism on spelling etc. I am amazed Becky still posts after the comments that have been directed to her.

One doesn´t have to be an expert to join in and what may seem like a silly question to many, may be quite worthwhile to others.

I have just booked Delta J from DUB-JFK and the aircraft type is a 757. I wanted to ask if others had flown stateside on this aircraft type as I think it may be a little claustrophobic. I imagine I would have been told, how stupid to book a 757 if you feel like this, or there are so many other airlines you could choose etc – so I didn´t bother!

Irons80
    Participant

FCW – Welcome to forum I am afraid. I feel exactly the same way as you.

With regard to your question, I have never flown a 757 across the pond, so I don’t know. I have flown on BA’s A321 (same size aircraft) to TLV which was a 5 hour flight. It is a smaller aircraft, so it’s not as spacious as a widebody plane, but at the same time I have heard others comment that smaller aircrafts on longer flights has the benefit of less passengers on board.

I am sure you will enjoy your J experience no matter what.

Stringfellow
    Participant

‘FirstClassWannabe’ The B757 can feel a little claustrophobic but I find that an aisle seat always helps with this.

christopheL
    Participant

The only way to solve this everlasting problem of “unpleasant” behaviour on the forum would be have a non anonymous forum. it would then be possible to ban people without the risk to see them coming back with another alias
    I don’t know if it would be possible for BT to set up an unanonymous forum for those who are able to take responsability of their posts

ImissConcorde
    Participant

I have no problem dealing with these bully’s. I check the posters name. If I know them to be rude/offensive to others t hen I move on. Anything they have to say will be of no interest to me.

Stringfellow
    Participant

‘ImissConcorde’ – Spot on that person ! I am surprised people get so very stressed about this stuff. So what if a person you don’t know, who doesn’t know you says something about you – nobody knows who anybody else is !

There is one poster here whose views and opinions I do not like so I don;t read their posts. It really surprises me this is such a big issue for some.

the747guy
    Participant

I just joined this great site and find it quite interesting and helpful.

I think the moderator should ban users who are reported by other users and keep good old friend posting interesting materials, like the user who started this post.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls