Unpleasant behaviour on the forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)

• CXDiamond
    Participant

marcusUK, well over the top and out of order. If the police have nothing better to do then let’s see some cut backs in their numbers and some resulting savings in our taxes.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Marcus…..Although some of the comments in the forum are distasteful and sometimes reprehensible, I’m afraid that “freedom of speech “ statements between anonymous individuals are just that…….

You can’t slander an individual you don’t know anything about…… For all we know certain individuals who post under fake names could be ……

Google savvy school children …….or comedy writers seeking new material……

Some of the tit for tat come downs have actually amused me…..after all it’s a forum for Business Travellers’…….

Soon be time for my elevenses as Paddington would say!!

Papillion…..I’m assuming by 19th hole you mean the end result of my seduction Vodka ? 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Canucklad – OH YES! as that doggie on the car insurance advert says!!!

But a :-)))))), or a 😉 :-)))), or a :-((( will suffice …. TMI otherwise!

IamSpartacus
    Participant

MarcusUK, this is exactly the problem, some people on here take things far to seriously. Police involvement would be a laughable state of affairs. I am quite happy to skip the posts i am not interested in reading or are clearly tit for tat between two contributors( thats if it is not an amusing argument as is sometimes the case i am ashamed to say).

HongKongLady
    Participant

When I have some time, I will read all this thread ( I am about to board a flight) but for now will say if you are reading this Ian, very sorry to hear we will no longer have you opinions and insights.
    Wishing you well x

SimonS1
    Participant

MarcusUK, my initial reaction, complete tosh.

The Police are far too busy (or so they say) to investigate the BT website. For example the coffee shop in our local town was broken into last week for the second time and according to the local paper the Police were “too busy to attend”.

Maybe a little lightening up is in order?

the747guy
    Participant

Does anybody know how to get “off” the updated post message from this thread? I really don’t want to continue getting “alerted” about these new posts. There are other really interesting ones.

Irons80
    Participant

@the747guy – join the club! It’s just boring and repetitive.

capetonianm
    Participant

the747guy :
    At the bottom of the notification mail :

*** If you do not wish to receive these notifications in the future, click here to amend your account settings. ***

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

The747Guy

1 – go to the top right hand of the screen, to ‘Welcome The747Guy’

2 – Click on ‘Your Account’, next to the above

3 – Select ‘Change your public profile and account settings’

4 – Deselect the checkbox with the caption ‘ Notify me when a user replies to my posts on the forum.’

You are then free of reminders.

the747guy
    Participant

Thanks capetonianm and FormerlyDoS!
    I will follow those steps.

Unfortunately, I think I will no longer receive notifications when a user replies to my other posts on the forum. I just don’t want to get notifications on this specific topic any more…….. I’ll be happy, as long as I don’t get more notifications on this one. I’ll find the other topics updates manually!

Have a great day! and Thanks again.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have all my BT notifications going into a seperate folder on my outlook. That way, I can easily chose which I read and which I dont!

MarcusUK
    Participant

And of course the recent Judgements on what is put on the web regardless of its place, certifies that an individual is responsible for what they say…hence the prosecutions, and in some cases sentences.

Banter or different opinions on here are fine, but in the past they have been far more than that from a few individuals.

And they would not be acceptable types of behaviour, or individuals, that and decent business or employer, would tolerate to behave in such a way.

This remains a public forum, and as such is under scrutiny as any other platform.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

the747Guy

You are right, you can only choose to receive all emails or no emails.

Personally, I choose the latter, as data charges when roaming are extortionate.

Binman62
    Participant

Wow, I take a journey of 18 hours or s and missed all this fun. Currently sitting with pop corn and a large cognac reading what must be the the fastest contributed thread ever.

Ian please don’t pack it in, you views are too valuable to be lost.

Meanwhile I will continue to work on my trip report of BA First Product..intriguing but no where near as much fun as reading this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls