Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Sue, I think I can safely say that you will always be welcome here, if you wish to post anything. Always.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Welcome Sue…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sue, I fully agree with FDOS and Martyn and also hope we will see you posting here as well.

It was really kind of you and your daughter to offer the plane for the next charity auction. Thank you. I’m no fan of BA but I love planes and look forward to bidding on this. If I’m successful I’ll add it to my collection of Swiss and Lufthansa models.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

I’ve been away and missed the OP. Apologies. Might I just add to the other postings that it’s been a pleasure to share your thoughts and views on the myriad of issues that variously interest and sometimes irritate BT posters. But your posting puts just about everything into perspective and yes, I have most certainly given Senior Management and extra special hug on your recommendation.

Bon courage and my heartfelt best wishes to you and your nearest and dearest over the next few months.

Charles-P
    Participant

Mr Michael and Sue

I have been staying at my farm in France where we have no internet access and so only today when I went into town and decided to quickly scan the BT site did I see your posts.

I am profoundly moved by the humour, fortitude and courage of your post and I am typing this with a lump in the throat and a tear in my eye. My wife who also read the post is currently sitting outside in the car composing herself, we have both agreed that today we will be drinking a toast to the both of you and instead of doing what we were going to do today we are going to take a walk together to remind ourselves of how lucky we are to have one another.

I hope you will take some solitude from knowing that two people you have never met, whose only connection to you is a shared interest in business travel have been influenced to the good by your posts.

Our very best wishes in these days and weeks to come

Charles and Elizabeth.

K1ngston
    Participant

I add my welcome to you Sue, and I hope that MrMichael is comfortable?

onajetplane
    Participant

@MrMichael and Sue – I have to admit when I first read the initial post and that last paragraph – it really floored me. Such courage. Have been thinking about it a lot since then. Inspirational to say the least. I wish you the very best and enjoy this precious time with your family. I’ll struggle to post another complaint or gripe on here anymore as life really is just too short! With very best wishes.

MrMichael
    Participant

Thank you for your heart felt replys during this diffult time. The very new Mrs M Robinson xxx

rodders
    Participant

Mr. Michael and Sue
    I can only applaud your approach, its so important to have a “good departure”, and so few of us have the courage to do so. God speed to you on this final journey.
    I leave you with the words from one of my favourite poets, Khalil Gibran,
    “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m not the only one to have read this with tears in my eyes.
    To both of you, to all of you, I hope you’ll fit in as much joy as possible before you leave us.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Many thanks for your informative & sometimes “stimulating” posts – so sorry to hear of your terrible news and so impressed that you can take this in such a positively brave manner. As another “oldie” I’d hope to be able to do the same.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sad news.

Shannon notified me today to say that MrMichael has “boarded his last plane”

Her message was
    “My dad wanted me to write to you and let you know that he boarded his last flight this morning. He hopes the plane will do well and make a difference. He loved the charity auction and was thrilled when you accepted his model. Thank you for making his wish come true.”

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that, Tom.

I miss him.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I’m not ashamed to admit that I cried when I read his original post and am doing so again now. Such dignity and strength of character. He is in a better place now, my condolences to his family.

Charles-P
    Participant

Well that is sad to read even though it was not unexpected. It is good to know MrMichael took such pleasure from having his model included in the charity auction. I trust it made his last days a little brighter.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls