Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

My deepest condolences to all family and friends. For some reason my screen has gone all blurry.
    May that ‘plane fly high and smooth and may the food and drink you enjoy in First be the finest.

To add a little more poignancy to this, I’ve just received this by email about a lovely couple I met a few months ago :
    Firstly, xxxxxx has finally been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is not expected to last much beyond a month. So utterly tragic! I want to be here for (his wife) as she’s taking it hard as you can imagine

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was hoping this thread would not appear again for many months…

My condolences to the family. I hope their sadness will be replaced by only happy memories.

This very brave thread has shown how social media and anonymity can and does have a heart.

A sad day for MrMichael’s family and for the BT Forum….

🙁

MrMichael
    Participant

“WHEELS UP”

This is Mrs Michael. Mr Michael was wheels up for the last time at 04:45 Friday 2nd June 2017. God bless you all.

The words above are from Michael himself. In the last weeks of his time on this earth, we managed to travel to :-
    London
    Edinburgh
    London again
    Brighton
    2 night P&O cruise to Bruges
    Ageas bowl in Southampton for a night and one day cricket game, watched from the hotel balcony( Hampshire won).
    To complete his bucket list, a 6 night holiday in Sorrento Italy, and a day trip to Capri.
    All ticked.
    Bucket list complete.

Not one night in hospital, as requested.

He passed away peacefully at home with myself, his daughters and sister with him.

Gone but never forgotten, Mrs Michael.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

…as an earlier post relayed MR.M,a man of dignity and character something our erstwhile leaders/politicians could do with demonstrating in spades but alas not. My sincere condolences to Mrs.M and the family

canucklad
    Participant

Sad news indeed and thanks for the update Tom.

I’ll make a point of having a special Dram to toast MrMichael as he embarks on final ascent.

And I’ll also add my condolences to Shannon and MrMichaels family as you both celebrate and grief your loss.
    Best wishes to you all

peter19
    Participant

Although we all expected this its still a sad day and my condolences go out to all family and friends.

Here’s to MrMichael.

conc001
    Participant

I am very sorry but also happy you all got to do so many things before he died.

Mr Micheal died how he lived with great dignity.

God bless you all

esselle
    Participant

RIP

JKL
    Participant

RIP MrMichael, and condolences to all his family. May that final flight be free of turbulence, snorers, and middle-of-the-night announcements!

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I too can only see blurry comments on here and want to add my condolences too. This site/magazine/forum seemed to mean so much to him and it’s lovely to know he managed to complete the bucket list. I was having a bit of a “down day” today as I remembered it is 8 years since I got my kidney transplant and always feel for the family who lost their loved one. This thread has made me grateful for what I have and indeed I shall carry on travelling and seeing as much of the world as I can – you really don’t know what’s around the corner.
    Thoughts with MrMichael’s family, I shall raise a glass this evening.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

MrsMichael – thank you for your post and so very pleased you and MrMichael had a wonderful last few weeks together.

Wishing you and your daughters my sincere condolences and very best wishes.

SimonS1
    Participant

Words can’t convey much, but I’m really sorry to hear.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

No words I’m afraid.
    All I can say.
    ST

Intheair
    Blocked

MrM – may you rest in peace

Poshgirl58
    Participant

My condolences to family and friends. I will also be raising a glass later to someone I only knew through this forum, but his dignity and inspiration will stay in my memory for many years to come.

J

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls