Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

Oh my I have just read this and like others I am moved to tears. MrMichael I share everyones sentiments, I have enjoyed your contribution over the years and will miss your insight and thought.

I too hope your last flight is “delayed” and once taken that MrsM will be able to find the time and courage to inform us all of its departure so wherever we all are we can raise a glass to you

I never met you but I wish you God Speed …

Globe_trotter
    Participant

Dear MrMichael,

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and insights and hope that you’ve found composing your most recent posts therapeutic: they’ve certainly been thought-provoking and moving.

It’s been a pleasure to “know” you through the Forum.

goalie11
    Participant

Mr Michael, my family sometimes accuse me of being hard emotionally, maybe my job, but I have to admit that reading your insightful post and the tributes paid to you by other contributors here on BT that I was also moved to a tear in the eye. Can I wish you and your family all the strength in the world to take you through the coming weeks. My thoughts are with you all.

Montysaurus
    Participant

This is my first posting. I am sorry that it is in response to Mr Michael’s news. I hope your final days will be as peaceful as possible. Although I have never posted before I have followed this forum for years so feel I know you. I will miss you.
    I will introduce myself properly later.

MrMichael
    Participant

You are all so very kind, Thank You.

MrsM has promised to let you know when it is wheels up for the final time.

God bless you all,

Michael

mroo_ywg
    Participant

MrM,
    Thank you for your posts and for sharing your current state that brought a tear to my eyes. We all have challenges but rarely share them with those around us, let alone us mere acquaintances, Thank you for your time, your thoughts, and your courage. You inspire me and have given me a light to hold on to. I tip my hat to you.

Mark

PatJordan
    Participant

MrMichael,

thanks for many years of enjoyable posts. This particular post is one of the most moving paragraphs I have read, and I am awed by your courage and fortitude. Truly you are an inspiration.

I hope your final journey will be peaceful, and there is little more I can say except you and your family are in my thoughts.

1nfrequent
    Participant

MrMichael – I am so very sorry to hear this. I wish you and your family the best for your remaining time and I hope you know that you will definitely be missed here for your insights and help.

1F

EU_Flyer
    Participant

A bitter sweet time reading your very enjoyable review.

Thank you for your insights. Reading your words, I was humbled by your generosity in taking the time to share one of your last travel experiences with us.

Whilst very sorry to hear your news, I’m glad to have had the chance to read your beautiful post.

Thank you and may God bless you and your loved ones.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

[quote quote=795940] But from now…just a lurker.

May I say to you all, don’t put off what you want to see or do, you don’t know what is around the corner, and give your loved ones an extra big hug on me.[/quote]

MrMichael

I’m a wee bit sporadic in my posts on here, business travel and work sees to that, but this has to be the most poignant and dignified post I’ve seen on this, or any other forum in a long time.

I hope you are still lurking and reading the support, and I add to the well wishes.

God Speed.
    Kindest Regards.
    Kenny.

Cloud-9
    Participant

@Mark Caswell

Are you able to ensure this stays near the top of the threads please?

I don’t think Mrs Michael should have to struggle with starting a new topic….

MrDarwin
    Participant

MrMichael, I’ve enjoyed your numerous contributions to the forum over quite some time and thank you for the insights you’ve given me. In the spirit of YOLO, I’ve been toying with the idea of treating my other half to a weekend at the Shangri-la for some time and your review has inspired me to go ahead and book a suite for a weekend.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=797372] @mark Caswell

Are you able to ensure this stays near the top of the threads please?

I don’t think Mrs Michael should have to struggle with starting a new topic….

[/quote]

Yes, we can do that.
    MrMichael’s daughter has been in touch.
    MrMichael has offered one of his treasured models into the next annual charity auction later this year. (Photos are attached)

The model is of a British Airways A320 (G-TOGG). The model is solid resin, with a stand. Its length is 46cm, height is 23cm, and wing span is 42cm.

His daughter said
    Dad always liked your magazine, forum and the auction, although he always regretted never having won anything in it. I know he would be very pleased if this item could be in the next auction, and make a few bob for charity. He tells me that 100% of your forum users are huge BA fans and therefore hopes bidding would be keen. I think he was being ironic here as he was laughing when telling me.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I may not be a BA fan, but I’ll gladly put in a decent bid for this model.

When will it be on offer and how do I bid?

MrMichael
    Participant

Michael has shown me how to start a thread so he says no need to keep this at the top. Letting you know is on my list of things to do. He has enjoyed reading all your best wishes and is very touched and humbled by them. He wishes you all well.

MrsM (Sue)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls