Sad news from Malaysia Airlines overnight

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 274 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I am in the middle of a trip LHR-KUL-BNE and I return Monday night from BNE, I cannot believe it. Such good service and excellent staff and a great addition to OneWorld. May they all rest in peace and like others have said her go with god speed everyone

SimonRowberry
    Participant

All +1

Am currently in SE Asia and my business partner took precisely the same flight with MH about 12 months ago. Brings it too close to home.

Makes my gripes about travelling back in “old” SWISS First look as trivial and irrelevant as they actually are.

Safe travels to all,

Simon

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Strange coincidence being reported on Al Jazeera.

“Two men from Austria and Italy, listed among the passengers on a missing Malaysia Airlines flight, were not in fact on board, officials in both European countries said on Saturday, adding that both had their passports stolen in Thailand.”

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2014/03/malaysia-airlines-contact-lost-with-plane-2014380297203817.html

Passenger manifest

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/Malaysia%20Airlines%20Flight%20MH%20370%20Passenger%20Manifest.pdf

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I don’t wish to speculate, but it’s so unusual for a plane to disappear like that, and in that area which has good radio/radar coverage. Further, there weren’t I believe any major thunderstorms in the area. It really seems there was some catastrophic failure.

The two people travelling on false passports is a bit more than coincidental, but then again they would have had to pass security controls.

They’ve been reports of Al-Queda developing bombs which can be planted in the body thus avoiding detection, but then I would’ve thought they’d be announcing their involvement by now. Unless of course they’re waiting to bring down a few more planes first before claiming responsibility!!!

HarryMonk
    Participant

Condolences to the families of all the passengers.

The quality of the coverage of this by some of the British press has been appalling in the rush to be the ‘best at bad news’ .

By far the worst in my opinion is the Daily Mail who feel it necessary to stick cameras in the faces of grieving relatives or to purchase / publish photos taken by someone who has done so.

ekond111
    Participant

LP please don’t speculate – my thoughts are with the poor lost souls of this flight.

If you need to explore your own desires – maybe open a different thread regarding your knowledge of Al-Queda

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Some information coming through via the US embassy in Beijing saying the US military picked up a distress signal from MH370 saying the cabin was disintegrating and they needed to make an emergency landing.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ekond, I’m not speculating, more trying to piece this together rationally and I have no knowledge of Al-Queda other than that we all read. My post was prompted by the Site Administrators on the two pax travelling on stolen passports.

My thoughts are with those who’ve been lost and I can think of nothing more terrifying than being involved in a plane crash. This has happened and like many of us who travel regularly I really would like to know what has happened. The more so as I have my young kids flying soon on a 777 and frankly this fills me with more nervousness than can be imagined!

HarryMonk
    Participant

Would the passengers with the stolen passports have required a visa to enter China and if so it raises the question of how a visa would have been obtained with stolen passports or how they were able board the aircraft without one?

ekond111
    Participant

LP ….’I don’t wish to speculate’….but you do…and still do ….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good point Harry. And surely the passports would have been blocked, rather like the US did to Snowdon’s passport?

HongKongLady
    Participant

Very sad news for all those involved.
    Wrong time to be picking at things people are saying ekind111
    LuganoPirate is a fine and valued poster.
    Safe flying everyone x

ekond111
    Participant

HKL….totally agree with you…this wrong time to picking on things or speculating (oh sorry did not speculate) like LP has – indeed a fine poster.

PatJordan
    Participant

HKL & ekond111

+1

LP is top notch and is sharing knowledge which may well be of help to some.

K1ngston
    Participant

HarryMonk with online fraud and identity theft rife these days I would suggest that if this is the case, and I have read 3 reports saying the same thing then visas would have been issued based upon a fashioned identity. Again I do not wish to speculate at this traumatic time for family members and those tasked with finding out what happened, but let us not kid ourselves we live in a world where anything is possible……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 274 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls