Sad news from Malaysia Airlines overnight

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 271 through 274 (of 274 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Martyn, you are aware that the piece of wing found washed up on a Reunion beach has been positively identified by BEA/Boeing as belonging the MH plane that went missing. Final and definitive proof that the plane suffered a catastrophic breakup – whether in the air on upon hitting the sea.

Tragic and my profound sympathies are with those who now have at least some element of knowledge about what happened to their nearest and dearest.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

That’s my point Anthony…. its all gone very quiet again..

jwak_hkg
    Participant

Martyn,

this excellent blog periodically updates whats happening.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/tag/mh370/

Cheers

Jono

Charles-P
    Participant

Regretfully the easily bored media have moved on to the latest Kardashian event however for the aviation industry a lot of work is still going on.

The debris found and positively identified is currently undergoing analysis at three sites (Boeing, UK and France).
    The Australian Met Office is running wind and water current scenarios.
    The Royal Navy has provided older sonar analysis of the area around Reunion which is being compared with a new scan to look at the seabed.
    A number of geo-spatial satellite data companies have supplied fresh scans of the areas and these are being looked at by Southampton University.

Among professional pilots of my acquaintance the ‘suicide pilot’ theory seems to have the most support.

Viewing 4 posts - 271 through 274 (of 274 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls