Sad news from Malaysia Airlines overnight

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 274 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Malayasia Airlines is sadly reporting this evening that they have lost all contact with a B777 en route from KL to Beijing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26492748

TominScotland
    Participant

Shocked and praying for those on board and their loved ones.

Only flew MH last week. I cannot believe it……..

JKL
    Participant

I have flown a great deal with Malaysia Airlines in the last few months, including on their 777 just a few days ago. I have always found their inflight service to be superb and their crews amongs the best. I sincerely hope this incident has a positive outcome and not the one we’re no doubt all fearing.

rodders
    Participant

And there by the grace of God fly the rest of us, let’s hope it’s not as feared.

SewNg35
    Participant

I have always enjoying flying with Malaysian Airlines and their crews amongs the best. Please pray for everyone.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As well as the BBC news, updates appear on the MAS microsite here

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

Saturday, March 08, 02:30 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident – 4th Media Statement

We regret to announce that Subang Traffic Control lost contact with flight MH370 at 2:40 am today.

We are currently working with international authorities on the search and rescue mission and as at 1400 hours, 08 March 2014, we have no information on the location of the airline.

MH370 is a Boeing 777-200 aircraft on a code share with China Southern Airlines.. It departed Kuala Lumpur at 12.41 am today for Beijing. The aircraft was scheduled to land at Beijing International Airport at 6.30am local Beijing time. The flight had a total number of 227 passengers and 12 crew members. The passengers were from 14 different countries, most of whom are from China.

Our team is currently calling family members of passengers to keep them updated on the situation and our focus now is to work with the emergency responders and the authorities. We are sending a MH team to support the families of passengers at Beijing. The airline will continue to publish regular updates on the situation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all passengers, our crew and their family members.

Family members please call 03 8787 1269 or call 87871629.

Media: +603 8777 5698/ +603 8787 1276.

Public: +603 7884 1234

stevescoots
    Participant

Looks like VN navy reports it has crashed into the sea http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304554004579426353331913822

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Tragic. Hope they find the reason soon. God speed to all in the air.

esselle
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers with all concerned.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

All posts +1

🙁

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Some good factual reporting from Simon Hadrecky on avherald.com

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

PatJordan
    Participant

Very sad news indeed. Thoughts & prayers are with those on board, and those awaiting news.

canucklad
    Participant

Desperately sad news. Like everyone else my thoughts with the loved ones left behind. And really hope the victims didn’t know much about their fate.

And a sad fact that this is the first non survival loss of a 777 ,so hopefully they will get to the bottom of this tragedy .

And God speed to all of us travellers inn the future

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Canucklad. +1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 274 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls