Old First to become Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Huh. I missed that one, Simon!!

I just thought he had thrown a temper tantrum because I called him out once too often for being a hypocrite. Guess I can’t take the credit after all 😉

dutchyankee
    Participant

Ian, I think many of us can take a small part of the credit, so don’t be shy, be proud!

esselle
    Participant

All the better for it!!

rferguson
    Participant

I guess the ‘old first being sold as club’ situation will not last too long. All nine of the ‘non-primed’ aircraft that will operate these flights are due to go for a looooooong sleep in the Arizona desert by the end of 2015.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Thanks SimonS1, I had missed that too. I thought it was peaceful round here these days.

esselle
    Participant

Just called the BAEC Gold number, and they told me my F booking to LAS in November would still operate with the F service. Any betting that might change nearer the time?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Esselle

I just had a quick look on the GDS for several days across November and the flights show F Class but with no availability on any given day – which would suggest that this is how the change is being reflected on GDS for now. At some point I expect to see no F Class in the inventory. So it sounds like BA Exec Club aren’t up to speed yet and you need to kindly point this out and correct them – or take it to a higher level?

Hope that helps.

Tim

openfly
    Participant

@ Esselle and TimF

I am sure that you are both right.

I also got the same reply from the Exec Club that my flights were still in F and ” nothing needed to be done”. As you so rightly say, we will only be advised of the changes a few days before the flights, when there are no decent J seats left. Hey ho! Wrists and sharp knives…not a good combination!

But as these are involuntary downgrades I have a feeling that somewhere in the BA/CAA rules there is a ” compensation” clause. I await with interest to be shot down in flames by Hippocompost!!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

EU261 provides for compensation for downgrade of between 30% and 75% of the ticket price, depending on the length of the flight

GrahamSmith

“BA haven’t announced any of these changes formerly yet.”

The press office confirmed all the changes mentioned in our story to me on the phone and then via email.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100578/ba-unveils-new-short-haul-cabin-interior

Gold-2K
    Participant

On the original post it said, the first class seats would be allocated based on FF status. Surely if someone held a first class reservation for the flight they would be given priority for seats in the front of the plane. Of course it will be CW food but as no-one on this forum seems to have anything positive to say about BAs first catering, Im guessing this won’t be a problem.

Raffles99
    Participant

Unlikely, because once BA has compensated you for the downgrade you are in the same position as any other J passenger.

Ironically I am currently having the same fight with Lufty over a flight where I hold an F ticket and which they are now selling as J.

TominScotland
    Participant

Ian – would EU261 apply here? Surely, if BA contact passengers in good time, inform them of the service change and offer re-booking in the class available, onto another service where F is offered or the option of a full refund, they will be meeting their obligations. Surely EU261 will only kick in where you are downgraded on a flight where your original class (F) is offered but is overbooked or where the change is operational and at short notice and, as a result of either, you are downgraded. I am not a lawyer but that would be my interpretation……

openfly
    Participant

Hi GrahamSmith…… I gather BA officially released the news to BA staff and the world this morning.

There is a problem with allocating the F seats to J passengers! I am informed that there is a cabin crew union agreement in place that only allows the use of F seats when the J cabin is totally full. So the F cabin will only be used by late bookers, late checkins and staff standbys if the J cabin is full. Good for them….not us!

261_Man
    Participant

TominScotland – 20/06/2014 11:38 GMT

EU261 would apply. The airline has sold an F class ticket to the customer, who is entitled to travel in F class. The airline must either make alternative arrangements by negotiating with the passenger or pay either a downgrading or denied boarding fee to the passenger, if they cannot accommodate him in F class on the day. There is no time element involved, as there is for cancelling flights. Article 15 is also a very nice backstop for airlines trying to invoke restrictive T&Cs.

You should read the regulation, since you appear to travel a lot, yet apparently do not understand how it works – this knowledge gives the passenger extra leverage when things go awry.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls