Old First to become Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)

• openfly
    Participant

So BA is removing First Class from ALL flights to CPT from next year according to their statement. They are dedicating their oldest most clapped out aircraft to the route…nice! That’s what happens when there is no competition.

Going to be 14 happy Club passengers on those flights sitting in the old F seats, with the other 52 questioning why they didn’t get selected and moaning that they have to tolerate the horrendous 8 across ying-yang seats!

BA does it again!

travelworld2
    Participant

openfly-Actually I flew back from Beijing yesterday in a BA 747 in Club World, lower deck, ticket paid for by myself. It was a very pleasant flight and I wouldn’t describe my seat, in the 8 across ying-yang seat,as in any way “horrendous”. Yes, it’s not as good as some other carriers (which is disappointing as BA did lead the way for several years as the only major carrier offering a guaranteed flat bed in business) but please let’s not get carried away. BA Club World passengers don’t exactly suffer…

dutchyankee
    Participant

Openfly, I always enjoy your posts but have to disagree with you here. Many of us here have been complaining about OF on flights when we have paid for F. And then of course the BA P.R. man VK/SM would go into his usual diatribe of how fantastic BA First was whether NF or OF, etc. At least BA should be applauded for realising that OF was not equal to NF , and have taken the correct action to avoid future disappointment from F paying passengers. I think it is a fair decision. Of course, I fully agree with you that BA CW has lost ground versus other carriers offering all aisle access, but like travelworld2 says, it is far from horrendous, just now it has become an ‘also ran.’

openfly
    Participant

Travelworld2…..

If you have booked F, as I have, and end up in J in the middle seats with my nose in someone’s armpit, as has happened, I am not a happy bunny. Those middle seats are unacceptable as a business class seat. F is F and J is J BA Club downstairs on the Jumbo is grim, in comparison to many other carriers who offer excellent business class.

You pays yer money…….

BusinessBabble
    Participant

openfly – calm down, already clarified above that it’s only the 2nd daily seasonal winter flight to CPT that’s losing first, the year round flight remains.

openfly
    Participant

@dutchyankee

I hear what you say, but to have booked F and be bumped to J as we have on three flights coming up, there is no compensation offered….down to J, take or leave it, no Concorde Room.. A refund is gratuitously given. I don’t want the refund….I want what was booked. Hey ho

openfly
    Participant

BusinessBabble First is coming off all the CPTs from next March. That info is in BTs briefing.

scott66
    Participant

Watching the flurry of comments about the Cape Town route, the thought that instantly comes to mind ‘You wouldn’t play an ace to beat a three when you’re holding a four”

My understanding is that SAA, sadly, isn’t the airline it used to be. BA don’t have to try very hard to offer a superior service and product, allowing them to concentrate their better product against a better opposition elsewhere.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@openfly, I didn’t know your situation, and I fully agree, that is plain poor on BA’s part. I thought F was being removed from only one of the CPT flights. Can BA not rebook you on LH First (excellent) which I know involves a transfer but an excellent product with a great lounge in FRA. For sure, if in your situation, I would be royally ticked off as well.

travelworld2
    Participant

openfly..or indeed first in an A380 to JNB with a transfer there to CPT?

openfly
    Participant

Dutchyankee and travelworld2

Just spoken to the Exec Club….guess what….they know nothng of these changes….not been told….don’t know what’s happening to F pax affected!!

Wrists and sharp knives one to mind!!

Hippocampus
    Participant

openfy – It’s patently obvious you’re trying to stir up trouble through exaggeration, misleading information and hyperbole. So what’s your agenda?

travelworld2
    Participant

Hippocampus..er, no. Whilst I disagree with openfly over his description of Club World, I can’t see in any way that he is trying to “stir up trouble”. He’s paid for First class which he can’t now have- he’s entitled to be annoyed about it.

Hippocampus
    Participant

So why did openfly start a thread on the new Club Europe seating based on the completely false claim that the seats on the former bmi aircraft are to be rolled out across the short-haul Airbus fleet?

They aren’t. The new seats are a much much better seat. I suspect openfly knew this already.

dutchyankee
    Participant

And Hippocampus you know the new seats are ‘much, much better,’ how? They have just been launched, but I guess you have tried them on all your recent flights?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls