Old First to become Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)

• Hippocampus
    Participant

I know enough based on manufacturer information that the new seats are better than the old bmi seats.

So will openfly admit he is wrong and correct his posts?

dutchyankee
    Participant

Just as openfly tends to be quite anti BA, you have taken the helm from our dearly departed BA propagandist to sing the praises of all things BA. You can claim a seat you have not been in is much much better than another seat because you know about the manufacturer. Great logic. How will you spin the reduction in seat pitch to be an improvement for CE passengers?

BusinessBabble
    Participant

Openfly – If you look at BA’s schedules beyond March 2015 you’ll see BA43/42 no longer operates to/from CPT and instead you get BA45/44 on a 4 class 777 3 x a week, so you’ll get guaranteed NF direct to CPT 3 x a week plus the daily 747 where OF is sold as Club World.

Hippocampus
    Participant

openfly made a claim that is objectively factually inaccurate.

He said the former bmi seats are being rolled out across all Airbus aircraft. They are not. openfly has yet to acknowledge he has made a factually inaccurate assertion.

esselle
    Participant

I have two F seats booked to LAS in November on rewards. Not optimistic reading the announcement that it will happen.

SimonS1
    Participant

It also appears to be factually incorrect to say there will be no First to Cape Town.

I’ve just done a couple of test bookings and whilst the 747 flight may be CW only you can still book First on the BA 44/45 up to a year out.

BusinessBabble
    Participant

Esselle – maybe you’ll get OF but for club world redemption, so a refund of some avios, possibly a better deal?

openfly
    Participant

BusinessBabble Yes you are right…thanks for that info. Now into battle with the folks at the Exec Club to get the bookings changed.

Hippocampus. The new Club Europe seats are in exactly the same pitch and width as the LGW ex-BMI seats….the ones most of us dislike on BT, and that BA have been giving 10,000 Avios as an apology. Game, set and match!

BA haven’t announced any of these changes formerly yet.

Hippocampus
    Participant

openfly – That’s not what you said.

You said:

“So after thousands of complaints from Club Europe pax on the LGW ex-Midland Airbus aircraft with 30″ seat pitch and economy width, that is the seat that BA, in its wisdom, has chosen.”

You said BA has chosen exactly the same seat as was on the ex-bmi aircraft.

This is wrong.

Two seats of the same width and seat pitch can feel very different in comfort depending on their design.

You are wrong. You have posted highly misleading information and you won’t accept it.

esselle
    Participant

BB

Thanks but CW is simply not of interest to me.

Will go for a refund and rebook somewhere else in F.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Oh dear, things have just taken a turn for the worse.

In any event, BA are significantly downgrading the short haul business class product. Racing to the bottom as ever.

At least BA are now selling their first product correctly as business class.

SimonS1
    Participant

So all is becoming clear.

CE becomes economy. And First becomes CW. All makes sense – all economy for short haul and a 2/3 class operation for long haul.

Such a shame our little friend VK/SM was banned as he could tell us this is part of some master plan.

esselle
    Participant

Did not realise the Krugger had been banned. Assumed he had lost his sense of humour.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I thought he had just gone quiet for a while, as he is wont to do from time to time. I am sure he will be back!

SimonS1
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls