Old First to become Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)

• tangey1
    Participant

Is the IFE screen better on the UD CW than in OF ?

Also, one other consideration is that on the day there is I suppose a possiblilty that the OF bird might be out of action and you’ll end up with a NF bird.

GordyUK
    Participant

tangey1 – the IFE screen in O/F is an absolute joke. its some small clumpy blurred panel that looks like something Fisher Price came up with – think “my first iPad”.

Its “on demand” functionality is summarised by “constantly jabbing your finger at it and praying”

C/W, IFE is like a 50″ HD panel by comparison *

* ok slight exaggeration

Springbok1K
    Participant

I’m a Gold card holder and also a travel agent and can confirm that if you’re Gold the option to be seated in the old F seats are available. The BA host in fact will pre-seat you there as Gold card holder if no seat was selected on agency system.

I’m flying CPT/LHR in October and think this will be great value, the old F seat at a J class price.

Cheers
    Riaan

nscb1973
    Participant

With reference to my previous posts, I have checked MMB today and still have 2A……..fingers crossed! Still a while to go yet!

Capetown2k
    Participant

i notice no first class for cpt summer (uk) 2015 on both flights

ba58/59 doesn’t have it, also the ba44/45 is showing 3 class with no first

i am pretty sure this has changed recently as was showing one flight all year round with first

i really hope this isn’t the end of first on this route.

openfly
    Participant

Hi ct2k,

In CT at the moment…I put the question to a local BA person. Yup
    F withdrawn from the CPT services from next March. No call for it. The seats can be sold at J fares rather than just as a staff ticket facility, with a couple of Avios and a couple of discounted F fares and J upgrades.
    Looks like many other routes will go the same way.

Maybe BA have, at last, realised that the BA F product is so appalling when compared to LH, EK, AF etc, they are just throwing in the (paper!) towel! People just will not be fooled into paying such a high fare for the inferior product.

superchris
    Participant

Capetown2k. Is it still showing as a 744? In which case, as BA don’t have any 744’s without first, this is just them confirming that the existing old first cabin, will be assigned as club??

Capetown2k
    Participant

hi openfly

hope you are enjoying CT

I can book first in APR 2015 on ba 42/43 but cant latter in year, also will be interested to see if ba58/9 will show first for uk winter 2015

its all over the place at moment

i must have done this run 50 times over last few years and never seen first with less than 12 seats taken

it maybe time to change airline

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

BA44/45 later in the year show as a 3 class 777 instead of a 4 class 777 on BA42/43 with BA 58/59 as 747 selling only J.

Capetown2k
    Participant

hi tim

yes have seen that, the winter 2015 flights should starting showing in few weeks, waiting to see if 58/59 have first, considering there wont be many old first aircraft in service by then

openfly
    Participant

Hi ct2k…..yes, always enjoy the Mother City. I have a house here…love it!

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls