Old First to become Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 116 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

Great will look out for that

SimonS1
    Participant

Being used for staff only eh.

Well, well, well.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

yep… the CSD said they did not have the requisite number of cabin crew to open up F for passengers.

It was a short story how I was allowed to use it and probably one of the best flights in “F” I had ever taken. Only 6 or so seats taken, a very basic service, which meant uninterrupted sleep…. excellent!

StephenLondon
    Participant

As a J pax on a CPT flight in Dec, I was today able to shift my seat to the front section (3a). Lots of empty seats showing on the seat map, too (incl upper deck) so flight doesn’t look super busy.

Vancouver702
    Participant

I have a similar issue booked F with Avios from LHR to YVR
    Called BA today and was told no refund of taxes or points until actual travel occurs.
    Then you will be compensated once you apply for claim via customer service.
    I think this is the worst kind of customer service. BA know they don’t have the product you booked but hold onto funds in the hope you don’t claim. They just lost me permanently for long hauls.

SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting Martyn, bearing in mind the crew are primarily there for your safety etc etc I am surprised anyone was sitting there if they were unable to staff the cabin.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cant answer that one Simon, other than what I was told…

1. staff would have been left behind as the flight was full

2. F was not opened to passengers due to shortage of cabin crew.

3. aircraft was changed – as Tim points out BKK is run with a 3 class 777…. except……. quite a bit lately as a 3 class with an empty F cabin… (checking on TheBASource)..

tangey1
    Participant

Just posted this on Ft, but relevant here too.

(Vancouver702…note my avios refund was proceed whilst on the phone).

Just off the phone to you first (I guess they are busy, took about 10 mins to answer).

Refused to find me an alternative way to LAS, with international segment in F. Would book me in F to LAX, but I’d have to look after myself to get to my origination destination of LAS, which seems poor.

Lady didn’t seem to be clued into the policies. Was on hold for 5 mins before coming back to me with the above, and when I asked how the avios refund would proceed, had a further 10 mins on hold before she came back confirming that the avios refund had been done (which it has).

Looking at the seat map, there are just 3 seats taken in the F cabin, including my 2, and there is a single biz seat taken across both biz cabins. I asked the lady twice and she was rock solid, that no matter how light the loads were, they would not close the F cabin, and this was on the policy doc she was working from.

OT..but the hold musical needs a new tape, it goes badly out of tune in places.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

tangey1 – let me get this straight. You have Avios bookings in First, BA cancel the bookings because they are no longer operating the relevant class, and they refuse to rebook you to your original destination??

Wow.

Maybe you can get a redemption booking on AA? If you get onto one of their new 77Ws, I can tell you they are very comfortable.

And obviously a bit late – and perhaps not acceptable to you – but I would have been very tempted to keep my original booking and pocket the 75% refund you would be entitled to under EU261 for being downgraded

openfly
    Participant

Amongst all the theories about the use of the F cabin for J pax, it must be remembered that the F cabin cannot be used for pax until the J cabin is totally full, by cabin crew union agreement.

But of course it can be used by staff pax, or friends of the crew, at any time when agreed by the operating CSD. Great seats, better than squashed into Y but with minimal service.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

nice to see the unions having the authority to tell the employer how to fill their cabins… presume someone can explain the reasoning behind this….

tangey1
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG

They are of course flying me to my original destination but in biz instead of first. They were prepared to give me LHR-LAX if F but the rest of the journey was at my own expense.

openfly.
    I repeated asked “you first” about my 4e/4f seats in first, and was given an extremely firm assurance that these would be my seats regardless of loads on the plane, as this was specifically mentioned in the policy doc she had in front of her.

esselle
    Participant

I think I must have struck lucky.

I was booked on LAS in early November, 2 F reward seats.

I looked on MMB and discovered I had been “downgraded” to J, but still allocated my “F” seats.

I then received a phone call from BA, offering me the choice or staying on the original schedule, or re-routing through LAX. So I have now settled on LHR-LAX-LAS, all in F, with the LAX-LAS sector on AA.

I even managed to get BA to book my outbound a day earlier than the original schedule, so I now get >24 hours in LA as a bonus.

The young lady who took care of all of this for me over the phone could not have been more charming or helpful.

openfly
    Participant

Tangey1….hi…glad to hear that they confirmed your seats. What is your destination?

nscb1973
    Participant

I’ve just booked an Avios redemption flight LHR – LAX – overland – LAS – LHR all business class. When I’d finished the booking and paid I went into MMB to see I had been allocated seat 2A in the ‘front’ cabin on the BA0274 using a 744! Very quickly ‘confirmed’ my seat! No other seats blocked out as already booked and space showing in the CW cabins. Am I likely to loose this seat allocation?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls