Norse Atlantic Airways – new low-cost, long-haul operatorBack to Forum
Now confirmed. LGW-SFO will end on October 28.
This service hasn’t lasted long. We only reported on the route launch last July – see below.
At time of publication there was no indication that SFO would be seasonal. But anyway the route will not restart in 2024.10 Sep 2023
I’m booked on the last flight to SFO on October 26, which I discovered by chance is now cancelled. But I’ve not received a Norse Atlantic notice telling me this. I have sent them an email to enquire, 7 days and counting no reply.
What’s the usual practice for an airline to follow when closing a route – I’d have thought a super quick message to all booked passengers setting out arrangements for them, and a quick refund of fares paid ?29 Sep 2023
Reports from the US indicate that Norse is making further schedule cuts this winter.
The above posts are in addition to those cuts already announced – see above postings.
New schedule cuts are:
* Paris CDG to New York reduced from daily to four or five a week (depending on month of travel).
* Paris CDG to Miami reduced from four flights to three flights a week.
* London LGW to Los Angeles reduced from daily to three flights a week.
* London LGW to Miami cut from daily to three flights a week
* London LGW to Boston and Washington IAD *suspended* until March 31, 2024.
Further changes are possible. Readers with bookings with Norse on the above routes need to check booking status.
Our report dated February 28, 2023.9 Oct 2023
Norse Atlantic needs to raise US$45 million in capital.
[no paywall for Daily Mail]2 Nov 2023