Norse Atlantic Airways – new low-cost, long-haul operator

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• GBAIR72
    Participant

The same people who failed before are trying again. Madness

2 users thanked author for this post.

mwhalberg
    Participant

Norse Atlantic needs a decent premium cabin if it wants to succeed. 2-3 rows of lie flat beds up front with a good offering – to secure some element of higher-end revenue. Perhaps in the way of West Jet (I have only been in that business on the 787 once so it doesn’t count as an opinion although I was really surprised they offered dine on demand)
    I am loyal to AA on the US routes because if and when things backfire, the ladies on the Exec Plat line or in the lounge are terrific but for the inbetween times I still get enjoyment out of innovation. Good luck to them.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

The airline unveils its livery today.

twitter.com/flynorse/status/1425069995130867714

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Some more details can be found on its website: Flynorse.com

AMcWhirter
    Participant

This airline is moderating its plans.

Originally it would be starting this coming December.

But the latest news is that the launch is “we expect to start flying by summer 2022.”

Initial flights will be from Oslo. No news on when the Gatwick flights will start.

Also note that the first three routes will operate to out-of-town airports (as Norwegian did at some of its US destinations).

GivingupBA
    Participant

Stewart International Airport is 60 miles from New York – calling that a flight to New York is a stretch for me. Ontario International Airport is 38 miles from Los Angeles. Good luck to Norse.

ASK1945
    Participant

Stewart International Airport is 60 miles from New York – calling that a flight to New York is a stretch for me. Ontario International Airport is 38 miles from Los Angeles. Good luck to Norse.

………… but Fort Lauderdale is a much nicer and easier airport than MIA.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

NAA does not currently have a AOC in Norway and cannot legally operate as an airline. It seems that there are also vociferous objections in the US to its FACP application due to its predecessor’s heavy use of what US unions claim was scab labour from Ireland in both USA and Norway.
    No doubt they will ultimately obtain the required consents but are unlikely to be be flying anywhere any time soon althoughit seems that they have already applied for a UK operator’s licence and AOC to operate from Gatwick to the USA.
    I have read that they intend to operate a 15 aircraft all B787 fleet – all of course leased.
    To me this seems to be another very dodgy operation that will not last more than a few years and in which a lot of money will again be lost by many.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls