Make flying etiquette a high priority

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

• Poshgirl58
    Participant

Anthony Dunn at 16:45

I’m with Qantas on this one. Sitting in the departure gate area at Bridgetown last year I was surprised (not really!) by the attire of some of my fellow passengers, who had come from a cruise ship. Not quite string vests, but vests on aged bodies that would have benefited from covering up with a proper shirt or t-shirt. Casual doesn’t have to mean scruffy or bordering on indecent. Call me a snob if you wish……

Ekond222
    Participant

…AnthonyD that is so true ….back in 2002 when entering the Qantas 1st class lounge at Sydney (could have been Melbourne) I was wearing T-Shirt, jeans etc…I was asked quite abruptly to put on a shirt due to the ‘Qantas 1st class lounge dress code’ otherwise I would be refused entry therefore I duly obliged. When leaving the Lounge the Lounge Dragon thanked me for observing their dress code, to which I replied ‘When I purchased the 1st class ticket in person from Qantas I was wearing a T-shirt but you did not refuse selling me the said ticket…

HongKongLady
    Participant

I am a long haul pj wearer and as I very rarely wear socks I generally put on airline ones. I will add, my pjs are not overtly so, last night I was wearing a rather fetching pair of wide bottom print trousers and a black CK tea shirt of breathable fabric. I do however have to eat in proper clothing I cannot bring my self to be dining while wearing something so casual, it just doesn’t seem quite right.
    Yesterday in a hotel a man came down to breakfast in his pjs, I shared the lift with him ! I managed to keep a straight face. Its not the first time I have seen this, I find it bemusing.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=721253]Don’t turn right 21st July 2014 at 11:42

Interestingly, Qantas is the only airline that I am aware of that publishes a dress code for its lounges: no budgie smugglers or string vests… It’s truly amazing what people consider to be “appropriate attire” these days.

[/quote]

I think their use of the word ‘thongs’ relates to what we call flip-flops.

icenspice
    Participant

Oh my goodness, Hong Kong Lady. Do you think he was sleepwalking?

icenspice
    Participant

Mr Dunn

What are budgie smugglers?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=721437]Mr Dunn

What are budgie smugglers?

[/quote]

These

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_01/arnieDM0908_468x474.jpg

HongKongLady
    Participant

That made me giggle Icenspice, I think he was feeling too much at home with his surroundings.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

What an innocent you are icenspice! I always pictured you as a woman of the world, but now you have even more charm!

I only wear budgie smugglers in the pool, never in the lounge. Not even at home.

icenspice
    Participant

Thank you for your kind words, David. I am guessing they are only purchased by men of a certain age or Olympic divers.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls