LHR – HKG – I will never fly BA again

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Honestcrew: If I understood you correctly about the HK based crewmember was unable to kept the Y class passengers from disembarking before the front cabin passengers, possibly of the cultural differences.

Just for your information, it is standard practice for all FA on the HK-based Cathay Pacific to stand and guard the Y cabin curtains and only begin to allow the Y passengers to get off the plane after all C/F passengers have left the front cabins. Just travelled on CX this morning for Bangkok. Same with SQ. BA made be different.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“I have learned to never get angry on board and let other who seems to be in a hurry, overtake me, big deal. The main things is that we get to our destination safely & comfortably, which is a big achievement furnished by the airline”

A very sound policy, if I may say so.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Nice comment from Talparis…….. please share the happy pills!

Charles-P
    Participant

“”I have learned to never get angry on board and let other who seems to be in a hurry, overtake me, big deal. The main things is that we get to our destination safely & comfortably, which is a big achievement furnished by the airline”

A very sound policy, if I may say so.”

Want to add my vote to this. Like most regular flyers I am amazed that people :

i) stand up almost as soon as the aircraft lands

ii) push past everyone else to get to luggage claim first

iii) complain to cabin crew about ATC or Technical delays in the expectation their complaint will fix the problem

iv) expect to get upgraded without paying

v) fail to appreciate if only for a moment the engineering marvel they have just experienced, an event that 200 years ago a man would have given anything for.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Talparis: You would make a Dream traveller, to other fellow passengers and crew!

I have always received good and even preferential treatment from FA no matter what class of travel because I sincerely appreciate their effort and they all feel this attitude toward. It is all about respect to each others in a human way.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Crikey! There are some good vibes floating about.
    Peace, love and ‘may everyone get their first choice of meal’ wishes to all.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hey Disgusted “your business success” congrats, I would love to work for you as I am sure you will provide plenty of freebies!!

Financial leakage – needs plugging – I am sure other investors will agree.

You have strange business ideas – but hey, each to their own.

Honest Crew, can you put any additional spin on this.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Martyn

“I would love to work for you as I am sure you will provide plenty of freebies!!”

I pay typically 30-40% above the market rates, but give no freebies.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Martyn.
    I’m currently in deepest, darkest Africa, scrolling up on this internet connection is taking an eternity.
    What would you like my comments on?
    Cheers.

austline
    Participant

Having just returned from another RTW and used QF/BA and AA, I must say the QF win’s hands down. While the skybed is not flat, it is evolving with new flat beds on the A380 and the re config on the 747 later this year. However, the F lounges in Syd and Mel, crew, food and wine are streets ahead of most other carriers.

My only criticisms of BA are the state of some of their aircraft, the toilets on one flight was positively grubby, and the catering on long haul flights. The food at times on BA doesn’t even come up to QF’s PE standard. On one sector to Vancouver the steak was so overcooked I couldn’t eat it, the crew member noticed and said not hungry, I replied yes but said that I couldn’t get my teeth into it was so over cooked. She apologised and offered me the cold dish. But why can’t BA plate the food in the galley, QF/SQ can do it why can’t BA. Their wine selection in J is also fairly pedestrian. . Overall I find that most BA crew are quite pleasant and do try to look after their pax.

BA strong points are the T5 lounges and network, the F lounge always has a decent Champagne and good wine selection. I haven’t had the opportunity to use the Concorde room yet hope to this year.

AA well let’s leave that to another time.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@austline

When using the Concorde room at 9am on Boxing Day, the pre made scrambled eggs had consumed all the eggs available. No other egg dishes were available for breakfast as the kitchen had run out of eggs.

That is not what I call First Class service.

nevereconomy
    Participant

As a frequent BA First flyer I always ask the CSD or a flight attendant who seems to appreciate what I am paying for my privilege to make sure I get off the plane before the other cabins. Never had a problem – when I pay the big bucks I see no reason why everyone else should not be held back while I get off the plane. FYI JAL and CX are really good in this respect. US carriers are the worst.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Also Vecterone, as a gay frequent BA First traveller.Ii have in all my years of BA travel never had a gay flight attendant be anything other than totally professional – usually the best of all on board.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Bullfrog:

This sorry Sir out of stock for the humble eggs WILL NEVER happened in Asian airlines such as SQ and CX as they all have their CAN DO attitude.

BA has excellent lounge facilities in T5 but sadly not often supported by their “sofeware”.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Nevereconomy:

Like yourself I found generally Gay FA often has more flair and sometimes the finesse to offer superlative services on board. High camp or not.

I have never recieved any “double entendre” from any gay FA in any air carriers but perhaps I am not “tall, dark, hansome and RICH” like Vectorone! Perhaps these gay FA are looking for a suitable husband!!!

However I do receive some subtle signals from a few Female FA as I am considered rather good-looking and stylish!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls