LHR – HKG – I will never fly BA again

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)

• rickasia
    Participant

FlyingChinaman thanks and trust me you was lucky guy in MXP and Rome, is a weekly news paper in Italy about dishonest driver in Rome and stolen luggage in MXP.
    Try Frankfurt is the best HUB in Europe, no compare with snobby Franch….
    Enjoy your pasta if you’ll travel on Frecciarossa and amazing panorama.
    Ciao

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I must be the regazzo cinese fortunato!

rickasia
    Participant

Ohh yes you are fortunato; about italian airports I’m jast objective, why be nationalist when borders are jast lines traced long time ago…..except some where…..

nevereconomy
    Participant

Some interesting observations in this thread, which made me think about my own praise and complaints. Most of those of us who post regularly are the fortunate few who travel in premium cabins and have in many cases done this for more years than we care to remember. We are therefore experienced, or perhaps more correctly, jaded. We have our favorites, we are opinionated and very quick to criticize the slightest transgression by airline crew or our fellow travellers. True,our seats cost more, but often we did not pay for them ourselves.
    I will try to be more objective and realistic in my expectations for future posts, but cannot promise too much, as I, like most of my fellow regulars, have become totally spoiled by my travelling experiences and probably nothing will ever be good enough.

rickasia
    Participant

Hallo nevereconomy, I can’t talk for many but for my self and same more I was chatting.

Talking personally I pay on my own every single cent of my business seats, first too often coming from upgrade due to miles ( any way miles that I got because I fly paying for my self or because I spent with Amex).

So in the meantime I agree and disagree with you about the “fortunate who travel…..” Because yes I’m fortunate to enjoy these fly class but I make a really hard life to “get” this fortune at my side.

Of course I’ve my favorite, opinionated and I’m fast to criticize, and you know why ? Because I’m spending my own money and when I pay triple or more for a seat I pretend the best I can get moreover this is what carrier they let you believe till you are not on board and in that time only you can verify if you had well spent your money or not, if the carrier was telling the truth about the service offered.

Probably guys don’t complain is because they aren’t paying on their own….

I don’t know if I had a misunderstanding but you wrote
    ” often we did not pay for them”, is what you wrote is what I got, please keep some consideration for you and not for every one is posting on this website.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I don’t understand why the course of payment should influence a critique of the service received.

Should a company car receive a different critique to the same model purchased by a private individual?

If I get the product advertised by the airline and it is delivered in a professional manner (that means politely etc), then I am content.

I find BA Club World to be a good product on that basis. I choose not to purchase Club Europe, as I do not find it good VFM.

The worst example from an airline that I have witnessed was when a flight was changed a flight from 3 to 2 class and a pax in F (who subsequently sat next to me in J) was told, at check in’ by the duty manager that there was definitely a first class cabin in the aircraft.

I know this was true, as I was waiting behind him in the queue and heard the conversation.

He was not best pleased. Needeless to say, this was not BA.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“I don’t understand why the course of payment should influence a critique of the service received.

Should a company car receive a different critique to the same model purchased by a private individual?”

Fact of life; people who spend their own money will value services and product differently to those on the company expenses roller coaster!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Fact of life; people who spend their own money will value services and product differently to those on the company expenses roller coaster!”

This may be true, but then again so are a whole load of other factors that influence perception of goods and services, age for one, culture for another, so why does this one crop up so frequently on various fora?

rickasia
    Participant

Hi DisgustedofSwieqi
    trust me if you made your own money and you have to pay for all your expenses and lodging and so on can’t say ‘ may be true but………” is jast a metter of fact you pretend the best because money comes form your wallets……..no meaning call age, culture………
    Those are only excuses, the truth is that if you work hard and honestrly for your money you pretend to get beck for what you pay (I’m not meaning if you don’t complain you are not honest I jast mean probably your company pay for travel, bonus, etc etc) so you can fly over same “imperfection” during the time you enjoy a service), pls don’t misunderstood my words.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I can only speak for myself, but whether I paid or someone else did (and both statements are true for me in the course of a year), it makes no difference to how I rate a flight. I judge what is advertised v what is received.

I’m probably pickier when travelling on business, than when relaxed and enjoying a break.

dailytraveller
    Participant

MOST OF THESE EXIT COMPLAINTS WOULD NOT EXIST IF AIRLINES/GROUND STAFF WOULD USE DIFFERENT EXIT DOORS TO ECONOMY PASSENGERS:

F AND J EXIT FRONT DOORS

Y THROUGH THE BACK DOOR INTO A DIFFERENT BUS!!!

SO FAR I’VE SEEN,EVERYTHING!
    DOHA / FRA
    LH USING BTHE SAME BUS,MIXING,ME IN FIRST,WITH A FULL C CLASS ,WHICH IS OK-BUT,NOT HAPPY ENOUGH,HERE BCOME THE Y’S ALLTOGETHER.

NO WONDER QATAR AIRWAYS IS SUCCEEDING,ALONG OTHER ME AIRLINES

WE ARE EUROPEANS!WE THINK THE OTHERS ARE STUPID!

WELL,THE OTHERS ARE FULL FARE VPAYING PAX AND HAVE GOT THEIR RIGHTS

LH COUNTS W ME NOMORE!

AND DON’T USE THE EXCUSE .OF THE AIRPORT AUTHORITY -IT ALL COMES FROM HOW MUCH U WANT TO PAY THE AIRPORT.

dailytraveller
    Participant

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU
    IT IS A MATTER OF GOOD MANNERS,RATHER THAN SEXUAL ORIENTATION

CERTAIN GAY PEOPLE THINK THAT BY SHOWING OFF WILL MAKE A POSITIVE STAND-NOT ALL GAY PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Dailytraveller – In cabin configs whereby WT+ is between F and J it is not realistic to prevent WT+ disembarking as, dependent on doors, either F or J walk through the WT+ cabin to exit.

LindsayW
    Participant

To the OP, I find it bemusing that you have judged an airline on one service point on a long haul flight. Few airlines or crews will give a faultless service on any sector.

Still, to try out a couple of airlines on this sector, I’ll be taking CX257 HKG/LHR (all of us in J) and then QF30 (the new night-time flight) LHR/HKG on the return (my son and I will be in J, with my daughter and wife in F).

I’ll make a special point of judging the service standards of both crews, but not by the exacting standard that you have set.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Placing W between F and J is an indefensible decision, if a company has any pretensions to offer decent customer service.

Utterly ludicrous.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls