How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 658 total)

• JordanD
    Participant

Willing for someone to correct me, but if WT+ is in Zone B, then it is a Mid-J configuration 744.

The Hi-J Lites (with 185Y) are all fitted with the Prime (New First) product; the rest of the Hi-J aircraft are mixed.

HighFlyer
    Participant

I am flying in F next month to Singapore. Regarding earlier comments about the 777 -200ER with no AVOD, how would I know if I am flying on one of these oldies? .

FCTraveller
    Participant

Rather than speculating and analysing probabilities, just call You First (0800 408 7667) around two weeks before departure and they will tell you.

My last two flights to Toronto in the past 3 weeks on a 777 were both New First.

Travellator
    Participant

Wotsa High J Lite ? Obviously not on the HKG run !

markduck
    Participant

Thanks

Good advice. They know approx 3 days prior ro departure, having just spoken to them.

Ricardo
    Participant

Hi FCTraveller – I spoke to You First a couple of weeks ago regarding whether my forthcoming flight to LAX would have NF. They said better to call 3 or 4 DAYS before departure to check. However, they said even then the aircraft may be changed at short notice. They advised that best policy was to assume old F, then be pleasantly surprised rather than build your hopes up and be disappointed.

As a lot of the previous posts seem to be by frequent ‘F’ flyers, my wife (not so interested in whether new or old F) wants to know likelihood of David Beckham or George Clooney being there!

BusinessClass
    Participant

HighFlyer – I think I am right is saying that the 777-200’s the fly to SIN and then on to SYD are RR powered birds (someone please correct me if I am wrong), and therefore will definitely have AVOD

FCTraveller
    Participant

In the very beginning, at least one person at You First told me that they knew 1-2 weeks in advance. They now seem to have reduced that to 3-4 days. Perhaps because too many short notice operational changes were being made and passengers were disappointed. The info is quite handy if your plans are flexible and you can change your flight at the last minute. New York for example, with approximately one third of aircraft converted, there are surely a few NF flights there on a daily basis and it’s just a matter of switching flights. If plans are fixed, best to take their advice and hope for the best.

Question for those more in the know: do some routes have dedicated NF fitted aircraft or is it pot luck across the entire network?

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

There are rotations where you have a greater chance of getting NF, such as:

– Those served by 777-300’s (ORD (294/295), DXB (106/107), BOM (138/139))

– Routes with numerous daily flights – JFK for example – from the 7 rotations each day (14 flights) approx. 5 each day have NF fitted, so nearly a 50% chance on a return journey

– Routes served by the Hi J (lite) airframes (SFO and GRU for example has had good frequency of NF)

There are no gaurentee’s though! Planes can be changed at the last minute.

I recently flew to JFK and on the day, changed my flight at T5 to an airframe with NF fitted in the concorde lounge.

Potakas
    Participant

If you want to check what are your chances to have NF on your next flight
    here is a valuable link:

http://ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm

Regards

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Seems that BA is doing a good job of installing the new product.

The crossover period on a big fleet is a challenge, but there seems to be good progress being achieved.

DerekVH
    Participant

Does anyone know if any of the Gatwick 777 fleet has NF yet? A recent video showed Willie Walsh travelling to Barbados in NF but I wondered if the aircraft was put on that route for publicity.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

As of 3/1/2011, G-VIIA had old First.

I believe that this is one of 2 x 4 class 777 at LGW, the other being G-VIIB.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

G-VIIA and G-VIIB are the only 777’s based at LGW although there are the odd occasions when aircraft reposition for specific rotations due to aircraft maintenance etc (or when WW wants to fly to Barbados!)

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

G-BYGG and G-CIVO are back at LHR with new first fitted.

Given not all 747’s are used every day, I think your chance’s of getting New First on a 747 operated route are about 50% now.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls