How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 646 through 658 (of 658 total)

• Capetown2k
    Participant

have any 747 been refitted with NF recently

bacrew1
    Participant

nope

BeckyBoop
    Participant

There was talk of them completing the rollout as the delivery of A380s has been significantly delayed. There are still about a dozen or so still untouched and most probably wont be done either.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

There was talk of them completing the rollout as the delivery of A380s has been significantly delayed. There are still about a dozen or so still untouched and most probably wont be done either.

goalie11
    Participant

I was getting absolutely p****d of at taking part in the BA NF lottery on the LHR-AUH-LHR route that I gave up and stuck with Etihad as it’s a much better product. Anyway, I contacted customer services the other day and asked the question, “when can they guarantee that NF will be available to all passengers”.

I got a fairly quick response and was informed that it should be rolled out on this route by April 2013. I looked back at VK’s first post on 20.11.2010 and thought, ‘what a disgrace, more than 2.5 years (when you consider it started before VK’s post) to get close to a full roll-out, during which time you fleece the poor sods on those routes not updated with NF and expect them to gratefully accept a product that some of the Low Costs would be ashamed of.

On top of that, my wife and daughter travelled the same route recently in Club and while it was a new Club product it was the old IFE. I’m told by the same customer services agent that some of the 777s were upgraded but they kept the old IFEs. The new IFEs should also be installed by April. What kind of half-baked organisation is this, they take aircraft out of service twice to do something that common sense says you do once; they really treat passengers like fools, but even fools recognise they have choice and the choice is stick it BA.

Capetown2k
    Participant

i read somewhere that you can tell its new first on 747 when in seat selection on manage my booking, the wardrobe disappears 72hrs before departure and a cot appears on seat 5 k

well the wardrobe has gone but no cot ??

can anyone help

thanks in advance

scott66
    Participant

I’m sure the issue of refits has been mention on other threads, within our little community, if not the refits then definitely the BA 747 D check referenced – a wonderfully informative tv programme. This is probably the only practical time to upgrade the first class cabin.

Apparently it takes 4 weeks to strip out and refit the aircraft, on this time table you’d look at around four years to refit all of the B747 fleet, there’s around fifty of them. Similarly I’d guess 777 would also take around the same timescale to D check.

I don’t doubt it’s a frustration when all the press announcement and buzz about New First are a distant memory, particularly when one ends up sitting in ‘classic first’.

When the process started the in 2010 you’d be particularly lucky to get NF. As this process is nearly complete, the odds of getting CF must be pretty low. This said, I can not see the logic on upgrading the oldest 747 frames that are due to start being replaced by the A380s

It’s easy for a small airline with only a dozen widebodies to launch and complete a new product within a short timescale. Equally new carriers with infinite cash backing (and without a Spanish albatross hanging from it’s neck), receiving new planes from the manufacturer every month. In ten/fifteen years time I’d be interested how the new cabins are rolled out on 90 A380s.

Maybe some one in the know would advise on when the process would be complete.

Capetown2k
    Participant

Hi Scott

I watched it amazing what they do

The odds of getting new first depend on the route the last 6 times I’ve flown to Cape Town have all been old first but I maybe very unlucky

scott66
    Participant

Hi Capetown,

I can understand that you passed disappointment some time ago. 6 goes and blank everytime. I think you’re probably right about the route being a factor? What is the premium product offered by the other operators like? You don’t always have to run your fastest to win a race, just faster than the other guys.

Speaking about Capetown, it seems to be virtually impossible to find CW reward seats on this route.

Capetown2k
    Participant

Hi Scott

Not a lot of choice saa have pulled there flight, you can go ek but routed via Dubai and even then not sure what product they offer in first

I only go for work and the trips are only a few days so direct flight very important to me

I manage to get reward flights in first but its hard work and changes daily, I bagged a Amex 241 in November dates i wanted but you really have to keep checking, cw is sometimes harder than first

scott66
    Participant

Thanx Capetown,

If it’s worth having, you’ve got to work at it, I’ll keep checking, others have mention availability of reward flights change regularly (another well worn thread!!)

bacrew1
    Participant

sods law… both CPT flights today had the new First 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Quite astonishing, 33 pages of posts over 2 1/2 years and still not complete……..hmmm………. maybe the cynics are right…. we are all mugs!

I can only imagine the number of pages of questions and timeframes involved when BA finally start to revamp Club World.

Viewing 13 posts - 646 through 658 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls