How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 658 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Just done old First to CPT……like an old slipper….comfy, no gimmicks, lots of space….

The meal was superb ( the famous soufflé )

The Purser was the best cabin crew I have ever seen…on any airline.

We arrived early.

A perfect BA flight.

GordyUK
    Participant

well i’m back and i finally managed the Holy grail that is NF… Oddly enough the outbound LHR-LAX was an old bucket. This flight had nothing going for it.. 8 minute bus trip in stifling heat to T5 C gates, so no priority, an old plane with old first and mid-J . That said the crew were amazing and i actually overheard the CSM explaining to a pax that they had to try so much harder when on this config and even their hearts sank when they boarded.

conversely.. BA204 from MIA-LHR was incredible. I saw the blue “hue” from the gate and said a small thank you prayer in my head. 2E/F on a 777 were pefect seats for a night flight. The food was faultless and the only gripe i could muster was that the cabin was too hot for sleeping – but in the absence of personal vents i guess there isn’t much they can do

i have to say, that even as a seasoned flyer, i was totally “wowed” by new first and will never risk a flight that doesn’t have it guaranteed, any more. I’d rather do J

Papillion53
    Participant

That’s good news Gordy – delighted that you managed at long last to experience NF! 🙂

FCTraveller
    Participant

I know this slightly off topic but I couldn’t help mentioning how pleased I was to find that the fabulous leather armchairs that used to adorn the old T4 Concorde Room, those lined up facing the window that we used to sit in while admiring the plane itself, have found new life in the Club Lounge at LGW. In those days, the Concorde Room really did mean the Concorde Room, we used to be able to board directly from the lounge. Call me nostalgic!

On a related topic, I have had quite a good run of New First on ORD and YYZ routes in 2012. Only ended up in old first once or twice I think.

Does anyone know how the A380 will be configured?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ FCTraveller – 22/11/2012 17:36 GMT

By your final comment, it would appear that you’ve been missing all the fun over on the “BA A380 provisional seat map” thread which ranges from zzzz, boring, to “the end of civilisation as we know it!” – to give you a flavour of the thread to date. Enjoy!

Err, forgot to add that you can see the provisional seat plan for yourself at:

http://www.thebasource.com/britishairways380seatmap.html

bacrew1
    Participant

FC traveller… at the moment… its planned to have 14 seats on the main deck.

esselle I’m afraid I dont get your comment “CCR was, sadly, a different story. Breakfast sent back three times; cold, items missing, and to top it off, nobody in the kitchen capable of frying an egg”

what is “CCR”???

FCTraveller
    Participant

Thanks. I clearly need to get back up to speed with the new threads which I haven’t done for a while.

BigDog.
    Participant

This thread is now 2 years old. How much longer will the topic go on for?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Before all BA metal will be equipped with NF, there might be a New NF in the pipeline or rollout.
    Two years and still going on….what a painful and tiring process. The ads and videos promoting NF are already collecting dust, but the pöanes still offer an old cramped product.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

CCR = Concorde Room

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ BigDog. – 22/11/2012 23:04 GMT

Time for a bit of spread betting….?

bacrew1
    Participant

Thanks loyalBA

Capetown2k
    Participant

Question for today

Will tonight’s ba059 be new or old first

I know I could ring the first helpline but its a bit like getting test results from the doctor !!!

Half of me doesn’t want to know !!!!

Papillion53
    Participant

Well half of you will be correct, whichever way you look at it! LOL!

http://www.ftdashboard.net/dest/cpt.htm

Cape Town seems to be a bit of a lottery.

Have a good flight!

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls