How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 658 total)

• JordanD
    Participant

Bullfrog – you chose to post on this forum, one not discussing the New First (Prime) product, but the availability of it: now you complain about this thread updated.

You can’t have it both ways – either turn off the e-mail updates or don’t post such off topic items. There are many of us who want to know what progress is being made on what is an evolutionary product: as others have said, it is so evolutionary that BA have had to get it recertified, which underlines that there are significant differences from the previous product. Don’t begrudge us being kept updated.

BusinessClass
    Participant

Please keep the updates coming.
    Bullfrog – you don’t have to read them if the subjest does not interest you.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t think G-BNLS has been Primed just yet, actually. It did go to Cardiff, but wasn’t updated. So back to 24 airframes.

On current progress, the whole fleet should have new First by about this time next year.

kellner
    Participant

“Loyal_BA – 08/12/2010 13:40 GMT

G-BNLS arrived back at LHR today taking the total number of planes with NF to 21.”

I wouldn’t make anything up – there was no new ‘first’ on this aircraft – only refreshed restrooms. Lets hope who ever is giving out this information is not mixing up restroom refresh with the installation of Prime seats.

Potakas
    Participant

Boeing 747-436 G-BYGE is now confirmed as having the New First.
    Boeing 747-436 G-BYGG positioned London Heathrow –
    Cardiff-Wales, probably will be the next one.

Bullfrog
    Participant

@JordanD

I accept that I have a choice to read this & I also have the right to pass my opinions.

Take it from me, where BA First is always my preferred long haul option, the new refit is in no way evolutionary. I’m not in the design or travel business & I could have formulated a far better product.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Off you pop then.. I am certain you could found, operate and deliver a new airline from your Drawing Room with impressive aplomb.

Possibly just using your spare time on a Saturday afternoon.

And it should be especially easy given your self-professed lack of expertise in this particular area. We might end up with something like this:

http://www.delivery.superstock.com/WI/223/112/PreviewComp/SuperStock_112-10011B.jpg

This thread is for discussion of the rollout of new F, not the benefits or otherwise of the product itself. Use the correct thread if you want to talk about that.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Hi all,

Looks like I have duff information regarding G-BNLS. There are a number of sources which have the information and some say this airframe has it and others say it doesn’t – I’ve taken the liberty of double checking the other airframes and confident the list is correct otherwise.

If anyone is travelling through LHR then staff at the Concorde Lounge have an uptodate list of the airframes which have NF Fitted and are happy to share – I mention this only from the view point of keeping this thread updated as the BA list should be 100% correct!

I’ve also heard today that G-BYGE is back at LHR with NF fitted taking the total back up to 25. Looks like BA are averaging about 3 planes a month.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am hopeful the average per month will improve based on the fact that they are becoming more familiar with fitting these seats, the recent snow and Christmas Holidays will have impacted the rollout somewhat, and there is a definite uptick in premium demand which will need to be satisfied. Something like 4 per month is a reasonable plan.

BusinessClass
    Participant

BA seem to be concentrating on the 747’s at the moment. What about the rest of the 777-200’s, especially the GE powered birds with no AVOD…….will these be done last?

JordanD
    Participant

@BusinessClass – These 777-200ER birds will not be done last but done on their own time scale.

BA has already confirmed that these birds will be the only 777-200ERs to receive the new WT & WT+ seating (which allows for it to put in AVOD) and these are due to be done a “double line” basis commencing later this year (see separate BT reports when new WT/WT+ was launched) … as such I’d expect (my assumption) these birds to be overhauled in a ‘oner’ with 3 cabins being refreshed at the same time.

BusinessClass
    Participant

@JordanD – many thanks for the info.

I know that this is not really related to this thread, but why haven’t they already been upgraded to have AVOD? I guess something with cost?
    Also, what are the DVD players like that are given out in F? Are they good quality?

hemispheres
    Participant

I’ve been following the debut of the new First seats as it is without doubt my preferred carrier to the US, South America & Canada. Qantas & Cathay are my preferred carriers to Asia & Australasia as their First Class is leaps ahead of BA.

‘Vintagekrug’s comments to Bullfrog would best be deleted. Bullfrog, he or she is entitled to his/her view on the roll out & suitability of BA’s new product. Sarcasm & stupidity from you do this site no use whatsoever.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

The DVD players are OK – the selection is a bit limited and they are a bit tricky to position around the meal service – but better to have them than the screen attached to the seat which is the size of a credit card on the airframes in question!!

markduck
    Participant

Am flying JNB in F next week. These are normally the 74s with premium econ in zone B. Can i assume from what has been said ahead about HI-J 74s that is is likely to be new First?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls