How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 658 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Having experienced the new cabin, I no longer am really much concerned whether i get the new or old. It wasn’t that great. The windows are nice, but the seat adjustment, to me personally, is not as good as the old. The cupboard is really of no real use as it is too shallow. Great new video screen, but the latch system means that your seat shakes when the person behind secures it. Since the food , wine and service have not improved I don’t see any reason for much excitement over the change.

Potakas
    Participant

Just an update on this thread.

Boeing 777-236ER: G-VIIU , G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, G-VIIY, G-YMMK, G-YMML

Boeing 777-336ER: G-STBA , G-STBB and G-STBC

Boeing 747 -436: G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BNLP, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI (Oneworld Livery), G-CIVM, G-CIVN, G-CIVO,G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC, G-BYGE, G-BYGG

So in total we have 29 aircraft fitted with NF.
    VK, if my info are correct then if you want edit your first post so that everyone can track the NF without the need to read all the posts.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Actually, you cannot edit thread titles; we’ll have to ask someone from BT to do that.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

747-400 G-BNLR has also been fitted with NF as well as 727-236 G-YMMP.

Does anyone know when the next 777-300 is due to arrive?

markduck
    Participant

Have just flown JNB return in NF. Thought the ambience of the cabin was good and the quality felt good. thought the windows a bit of a gimick, but didn;t have use of them as night flights both ways. Space around seat slightly improved and wardrobe handy, but really only big enough for a jackaet and one other item, otherwise won’t close. An improvement generally. However, had the usual pot luck service – excellent outbound, but grudging cheerless service inbound. Had to make up own bed as two crew were eating and one was already in the bunks, only 3 hours into the flight – poor thing, she must have been exhausted….

Alasdair
    Participant

That’s what call bells are for… typically, First passengers do not wished to be disturbed unnecessarily.

Potakas
    Participant

If what i know is correct, Oct 11, Dec 11 and Feb 12.

So, the latest is 31 aircraft with NF.

20 747s and 8 777-236

I think that BA will try to finish with the 747s and the 777-236 that have AVOD first and then continue with the ”no AVOD” 18 777-236s in order to do all the cabin changes together (new WT and new WT+)

Potakas
    Participant

I was checking today the progress of the New First fitting progress and I think that we can say that the first phase on the 777-200s has been almost completed.

There are still left 4 777s that have AVOD with the old cabin those with the 13 seats on First.

NF currently on 10 777-200s , 3 777-300s and on 20 747s. In total 33 aircraft.

UKFly79
    Participant

As at today NF is fitted on 23 747’s in total, of which 17 Hi-J and 6 Mid-J

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think this thread is the best way to see the progress of the fleet, and it’s best to use the existing thread (updated just a few days ago) than start a new one which is just confusing.

Rough estimate – NF is on about 45% of the LHR F equipped fleet.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

747-400 = G-BNLE, G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BNLP, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC, G-BYGE, G-BYGF, G-BYGG, G-CIVD, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI, G-CIVK, G-CIVM, G-CIVN, G-CIVO, G-CIVT (24 airframes out of 51 in service at LHR) (soon to be 52 with G-BNLU back at CWL)

777-200 = G-VIIIU,G-VIIIV, G-VIIIW, G-VIIIX, G-VIIIY, G-YMMG, G-YMMH, G-YMMJ, G-YMMK, G-YMML, G-YMMN, G-YMMP (12 airframes out of 29 in service (with F) at LHR)

777-300 = G-STBA, G-STBB, G-STBC (3 airframes out of 3)

Total on 20th April is 39 airframes out of 84 (so approx. 50%)

There are numerous sources of information, some of which are conflicting. One of the best sources I have used in the past is the BA concorde lounge who have an up-to-date list on reception.

VintageKrug
    Participant

So you stand approx 50% chance if on a 747 and a 30% chance if on a 777.

Would be great if BT could update the title to reflect “39 BA Aircraft Now Sport New First”

fclassflyer
    Participant

Thanks for update Loyal_BA – most helpful.

Potakas
    Participant

Also, I would like to mention that from the 777-200s

Only two that have AVOD left without NF, the rest of them (17 aircraft) will also change to the New WT+ and WT on the same time with NF

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls