How many BA aircraft now sport “New” First…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 658 total)

• TravelwaveBerlin
    Participant

Hi-J =747 with 70CW? Thanks for your help

Potakas
    Participant

Boeing 747-436 G-BYGE positioned London Heathrow – Cardiff-Wales as BA9170. Sister G-BYGC ( as has been mentioned by Loyal_BA) positioned Cardiff-Wales – London Heathrow as BA9172 and has new First fitted.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Flew the new F from LHR to Houston on Boxing Day.

By 9am the Concorde Lounge in T5 had run out of eggs, so only the pre made scrambled eggs were available. A great start to a First Class flight.

Boarded from Gate A10 … 25 minutes late boarding because ‘crew had not arrived’ .. ‘so we’re told’.

Coached to the aircraft & kept waiting on a boiling hot bus for 10 minutes at the foot of the aircraft with no explanation.

The new layout looks impressive. The new blinds are a gimmick.

After all the expense of fitting the new F cabin, the instructions for the seat were for the old seat. The crew member checked and then said ‘all seats have the old instructions’. I suggested removing the old instructions but the crew were not convinced.

‘What ever happened to accountability and attention to detail’ ? ..

Food service .. acceptable.

Overall a very mediocre experience … certainly not ‘world class’ … or a product for which one can be proud.

Give me Cathay First Class anytime.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Bullfrog:

It is the attention to details, on the ground or in the air that set a product and services apart from the others. The eggs are one example and the seat instruction cards are another.

Many airlines peddle their marketing hypes but don’t always deliver everything and leaving behind a lot of disappointed passengers. But travellers must be realistic also.

Personally Cathay and Singapore Air are the two airlines which deliver a complete world-class travelling experience for their Frist Class passengers, while the others may be excelent only for the cabin but failed on the ground service.

londonbonus
    Participant

Flying FIRST to Johannesburg tomorrow and have noticed that the seat map has no wardrobe between seats 1A&K. Is it safe to assume it’s the revamped cabin (bar any operational changes?!). Fingers crossed!

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

There are now 25 aircraft with NF fitted (out of 82 747’s and 777’s with a First cabin). These are:

15 747-400’s – G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BLNS, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI, G-CIVM, G-CIVO, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC

3 777-300’s – G=STBA, G-STBB, G-STBC

7 777-200’s – G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, G-VIIY

LcyA318
    Participant

I found the same when I flew to HKG but the 747 had old First. However, on the return, it was the same and indeed it had new First. Interestingly though, new First still has a wardrobe between 01A and 01K. Also the buddy seat in both 01A/K has less shoulder room. Can’t comment about other seats.

VintageKrug
    Participant

—————-

There are now 25 aircraft with NF fitted (out of 82 747’s and 777’s with a First cabin). These are:

15 747-400’s – G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BLNS, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI, G-CIVM, G-CIVO, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC

3 777-300’s – G=STBA, G-STBB, G-STBC

7 777-200’s – G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, G-VIIY

———-

Good intel. I think there are an additionaltwo of the newly minted 200ER series:

G-YMMK & G-YMML

So 27/82 or 33%.

A one in three chance, which is now a reasonable possibility of getting http://www.ba.com/first

Bullfrog
    Participant

Every time a newly fitted aircraft is back in circulation, we’re going to see a note on this site. Really, IMHO that is not necessary but maybe that is all there is to report at BA.

The makeover merely brings a ‘tired worn out product’ to a slightly improved new version. If there was something radical, I’d be delighted.

The rather imposing window blinds are nothing more than a gimmick & the seat is marginally more comfortable when configured as a bed.

The irrelevant listing of aircraft models above may indicate which aircraft have the new seats, but BA First Class passengers still have a 2/3 or 67 % percent chance that they’ll be flying in an aircraft with a worn out, tired and shabby looking cabin.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Hi VK – yes, you’re right – sorry, I listed 7 777-200’s but only put 5 down, so the total is still 25:)

Hi Bullfrog – there may be a way to turn off email notifications for the site – perhaps the site administrator could comment if this is possible.

Some readers in the forum are interested which aircraft carry New First (judging by the number of questions that have been asked to date) hence the update – sorry if that is “unnecessary” for you but others may just find it useful. Couldn’t agree more about the old cabin though, would much rather fly club world than old first.

Potakas
    Participant

Yes Loyal BA is correct, also on each email we receive for those updates at the bottom there is a link:

”If you do not wish to receive these notifications in the future, click here to amend your account settings.”

Also this is the point of this topic, to track the NF, so we have to post any updates.

fclassflyer
    Participant

Please keep the updates coming. Most informative.

kellner
    Participant

Strange how I just flew on G-BNLS and it certainly did not have Prime seats onboard. and that was Jan 5th.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’m very happy to hear views on BA’s new but not so revolutionary First Class cabin as I keep an open mind.

It just seems rather boring to keep reading every aircraft registration which is fitted out & that the odds of getting the new cabin are now 1 in 3.

The aircraft we all board on the day of our flight will either have the new refit or it wii not. Knowing which registrations will or will not seems pointless. The odds are still 2 out of 3 that it will be the old shabby cabin.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 658 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls