Hats for all at BA….

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Unfortunately, the divisions and active bullying by both members and representatives of Legacy Fleet have ensured that full integration is not possible just yet.

It will happen in time, I’m sure, but by then Mixed Fleet will be the core.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

” VintageKrug – 15/04/2013 16:21 GMT

Unfortunately, the divisions and active bullying by both members and representatives of Legacy Fleet have ensured that full integration is not possible just yet.”

Do you have evidence of this bullying by members and representatives of Legacy Fleet Krug?

As you are so hot on links to substantiate your claims could you please post a current and up to date link to it?

If not, it’s a rather foolish thing to claim in a public forum where you are responsible for what you post. BASSA may read it and wish to take issue with you about your claims which may, if not proven be thought to be attempting to show their members in a bad light.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Henkel.Trocken – 15/04/2013 16:24 GMT

+1, let’s see the evidence for this claim made by VintageKrug.

BigDog.
    Participant

HT +1

Active bullying! I also would like to see the evidence.

Here is evidence of BA promoting bullying during the dispute – which was only taken down when the press started questioning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8498932.stm

Part of Walsh’s inept, divisive leadership style which will continue to create schisms throughout the company until he has gone.

handbag
    Participant

VintageKrug – 15/04/2013 16:21 GMT

Unfortunately, the divisions and active bullying by both members and representatives of Legacy Fleet have ensured that full integration is not possible just yet.

It will happen in time, I’m sure, but by then Mixed Fleet will be the core.

It is such a shame that you continue to comments like above.

I personally and the majority of Crew would like nothing more than the Fleets to be joined as one. “Legacy” Fleet Crew have no problem with Mixed Fleet Crew. the issues were with the Company and not the individuals they employed. Who would want to blame someone for applying for a job they wanted.

As you are so familiar with the internal affairs of BA , I am sure you are aware that “Legacy” Fleet, already has Crews working to different Pay Contracts – Post and Pre 97. This is not a problem. Why should it be?

The majority of us feel, that BA was at it’s best when the Crew on-board were a mixture or age and experience, youth and enthusiasm. We could all learn a lot from each other.

I recently had a Manager on one of my Flights, who was doing a short secondment as Crew. I asked him to be honest about his experience with both Fleets. He told me that we were like a well oiled machine, the service was seamless, professional, well prepared, there was a Purser taking control and “it all just happened”. People got what they should get. On the down side, some people had ben around too long. He said that Mixed Fleet were very keen, enthusiastic and very helpful, but that there seemed no leadership or preparation, they were often disorganised and it was hit and miss as to the Service being done to standard and in a timely fashion.

How great would it be if you have the two working hand in hand.

I do believe they will eventually integrate, but there are 2 issues that need to be overcome. One is BA admitting it has not been as successful as hoped and the second is the scheduling nightmare of the different amounts of time off etc that we get on the 2 different Fleets.

BigDog.
    Participant

Unfortunately Handbag, VK is obsessed with BASSA for some obscure reason – why a business person has such an unhealthy obsession has puzzled many.

The poor fellow even went to the absurd extreme of blaming BASSA threats as the reason for not posting trip reports! He still didn’t explain why he hadn’t post trip reports for many many years even before the dispute, either here or on flyertalk.

It is time for him to get over it and move on.

londonlad
    Participant

Mixed Fleet now number nearly 2500 and will reach 3000 by the end of the year. Not really an ‘experiment’ which some would like to believe will fail. In 5 years they will be over half the MPE of CC in BA.

bacrew1
    Participant

Well put handbag!

londonlad
    Participant

handbag ” second is the scheduling nightmare of the different amounts of time off etc that we get on the 2 different Fleets.”

One thing that will never happen is for BA to switch MF to WW scheduling agreements. MF are so much more efficient in rostering patterns and in times of disruption.

If you would like MF and WW to combine then WW will have to move onto MF scheduling patterns. Are you prepared to do that?

BigDog.
    Participant

Methinks the next big efficiency for BA would be to restructure the BA pilots along the lines as being proposed for Iberia. There are queues of pilots waiting to join so there is no reason for any pilot to be earning anything over £100k. Supply and Demand.

londonlad
    Participant

Back to crewforum Bigdog.

bacrew1
    Participant

londonlad
    that isn’t necessarily true.. and how do you know that anyway???
    In times of disruption.. yes MF maybe more efficient… but pre MF there were disruption agreements in place where for example legacy crew could drop a day off, have a trip changed etc.
    Most of MF longhaul trips layover the same as legacy crew now… No more 1 night in Rio, they get 2 nights in LA.. and so on.

BigDog.
    Participant

Seeing you are a relative newbie Londonlad, I have no connections whatsoever with BA apart from the occasional flight of convenience or westward where they are my preferred carrier.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Good points handbag and well made.

I’ll add my voice to that of others asking Vintage Krug to substantiate his claims with some current links. Or maybe he’s living in the past.

londonlad, you seem very full of yourself. Is the royal ‘we’ as you used earlier appropriate or do you need taking down a peg or two?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ BigDog. – 15/04/2013 17:29 GMT

Are you lining yourself up as the HR adviser to oversee the process….! =:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls