Hats for all at BA….

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

Was Hats now trousers as BA’s new mixed fleet, already unhappy with their conditions, are being surveyed by their union…

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jan/30/british-airways-cabin-crew-trousers-union

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549360/Who-wears-trousers-British-Airways-cabin-crew-uniform-battle-bosses-force-female-new-recruits-wear-skirts.html

Is BA being advised by Lord Rennard? Just when they should be building morale and focussing on more important issues such as fixing the increasingly shoddy aircraft (another going tech in Chengdu today with no replacement) instead the Neanderthal leadership creates more totally unnecessary aggravation and division.

esselle
    Participant

A couple of summers ago, Sweden was experiencing an unusually hot summer. The male drivers working for the state run railway system in and around Stockholm decided they wanted to wear short trousers, rather than the long ones specified in their uniform standard.

The management refused to allow it as shorts were not approved wear under the uniform policy and so, in a leap of logic you have to admire, they decided they would wear skirts instead, these being permitted dress for the female drivers in the company.

It does make you think; if some female crew in BA are obliged to wear skirts, could some of their male colleagues do the same to show solidarity………………………

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Esselle
    As someone who occasionally wears a “Skirt” I don’t see a problem with your suggestion!

Having said that, I would prefer not to be, behind them when they bend over they trolley or to reach the overhead bins, or worse cross their legs in their jump seats..

Emergency Exit rows would definitely have a downside!
    And, I have to say, when I do wear my “ Skirt” I’m usually over whelmed with the attention that women pay to me, even Brad Pitt would be jealous of the groping groupies.

So I’m not sure if BA’s female CC would be all that pleased with their male colleagues stealing all that attention from them.

Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls