Hats for all at BA….

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Morning all….An interesting tete a’ tete between Londonlad & Handbag…..

And SimonS1 +1, excepting for the last point……

Londonlad…for clarity around your points, it would be good to know you’re starting point….at the moment your posts are coming across as if you have an agenda !!

I’ve C & Ped rfergusons original point….Well finally…..announced today that all the female cabin crew will be issued with ‘the hat’ that Mixed Fleet and LCY-JFK crews wear. BA says that the hat currently creates division between the fleets and that our customers prefer the uniform with the hat. Will be some interesting sights ahead… 🙂

Now to my point……thanks again Handbag, I’m really begin to get a feel for the challenges that yourself as an individual employee and BA as a company face…..

HATS…..BA management really need to get a grip of themselves…..if the creates division reason is correct, the reason for rolling it out across the whole fleet is wrong………because it is a result of being forced into a reactionary action….and WW fleet could correctly ask “Why” ………..

Now, if BA had come out with, a “for internal eyes only” document , stating that “we recognize the fact that we need to change the perception of how the public see us, and the hat has been cleverly designed to espouse such qualities as Class and sophistication and a feeling of Brutishness, then that would turn a negative into a positive….

FDOS…makes my 2nd point…..not about the hats. BA has a massive perception issue surrounding quality…this is more about the lack of consensus management….I work for a successful company , that doesn’t have unions….we are successful because there is a clear vision in what we want to deliver, and for the most part …..Nothing is imposed on us !

I could make a fortune as a CRM consultant…with BA as my client !!LOL

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

handbag – 19/04/2013 03:59 GMT
    Please re read my post as you have totally misunderstood my point and although I have re read , I am not sure how to rephrase.

Hi handbag

I fully understood the point you made, and you made it clearly. Nevertheless, some people have nothing better to do but to antagonise….attention deficit disorder I think they call it.

Thanks again for a very insightful discussion about the job you do, you know I’ve moaned about BA cabin crew based on my experiences, bacrew1, rferguson and you have restored a great deal of my faith that there are terrific crew out there…..

To echo what everyone has said: BA Management need a proper kick-in-the-rear for poncing around with hats when they have considerably bigger issues which should have their focus.

Fools.

Kind regards.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AOTG, I have told you before BA has committed to spend more than £5 billion globally on customer products and services over the next five years!!!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hey Becky

When will New First be on all planes? (Feel free to reel off a litany of excuses about why they don’t have New First on their fleet) Wasn’t it supposed to be 2008? Maybe they should spend that 5 billion on a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.

If you want to believe all the BS BA spout then by all means do. IMO, this 5 billion has 3 significant issues:

1) It won’t happen
    2) Even if it does, which it won’t, it is too little too late
    3) The better carriers (of which there are now loads) will also be spending to improve their offering leaving BA lagging.

BA need to reinvent the term “jetlag” and copyright it as their own.

Ferrari 458 v Ford Cortina.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

handbag
    Participant

Thank you for the supportive comments above. I was getting to the stage of wondering if I was wasting my time on here. I do come on here because I think Pax and Crew can learn from each other. There are often rumours and misconceptions abut why things are like they are. Hopefully myself and the other Crew on here can give the actual facts and the reasoning behind some things.

Equally, it is interesting to see what Pax find important, it can make us learn, so we are more aware when a similar situation happens.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AOTG

Sadly all this was orginally in the pipeline but was interupted by supplier issues of new aircraft and the financial crisis of 2007–2008.

“Ferrari 458 v Ford Cortina.”

You mean Ferrari 458 + Ford Cortina. = Aston Martin!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AOTG,

As for the NF rollout. I agree it has been slow and said some where else it was badly managed. However all aircraft with a an exception of a couple of 777getting NF have been done. The ones remaining are aircraft which will be retiring from the fleet which makes sense in not investing in those aircraft. There approx 10 747’s which dont have NF and these are being retiring and to be replaced with the A380. 3 of which are due by the end of the year and two to come in to service by the end of the summer!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

handbag

Your posts are always appreciated, those of us who are genuine business travellers can see through some of the BS that gets posted on here.

At the risk of being repetitive, W Edwards Deming (a famous authority on quality) places 85% of the responsibility for a quality service/product at the door of management and only 15% in the domain of the workforce.

’nuff said.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“The ones remaining are aircraft which will be retiring from the fleet which makes sense in not investing in those aircraft”

There was a time when one could not date a BA aircraft from the state of the cabin, I’m thinking of the 1-11s that were still immaculate at end of life, the same with the Tridents.

Today, the same is true with Lufthansa and Swiss.

Anyone who thinks selling a mix of new and old/tatty cabins as the same product really needs a reality check. Bean counting must be balanced with customer service.

The 767-300 WTP review gives one, a real customer who will probably defect to AC as a result.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

True but BA are not the only airline who do this. At the end of the day BA are a business not a charity!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 19/04/2013 11:43 GMT
    As for the NF rollout. I agree it has been slow and said some where else it was badly managed.

So what makes you think this phantom “5 billion” will be managed and implemented any better?

Optimism is all good, but should be tempered with realism.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Whoever is behind the funding will care!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“At the end of the day BA are a business not a charity!”

That’s very interesting, as charities often run their operations on a low cost basis, whereas businesses tend to make value judgments and invest to protect share/profits.

CplFizzle
    Participant

Any news on the rollout of the hats across the crew?

Chiantikid
    Participant

No. As crew we’ve heard nothing so far although those female crew going onto the 787 and 380 are wearing hats. As for the rest there’s no news.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls