Hats for all at BA….

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)

• Anonymous

rferguson
    Participant

Well finally…..announced today that all the female cabin crew will be issued with ‘the hat’ that Mixed Fleet and LCY-JFK crews wear.

BA says that the hat currently creates division between the fleets and that our customers prefer the uniform with the hat.

Will be some interesting sights ahead… 🙂

bacrew1
    Participant

OMG.. I wondered when this would get posted on here!!! LOL!!!

BigDog.
    Participant

On the subject of hats, I wouldn’t opine one way or t’other if asked.
    However if BA were looking for cosmetic improvements by soliciting comments about the general appearance of their crew and included whether male cabin crew should be allowed to continue wearing make-up, I would have preferred not.

The mixed-fleet males should be encouraged/ordered to leave their make-up for the night clubs. It is inappropriate/unprofessional at work and IMO degrades BA’s business image far more than trivial inconsistencies wrt hats.

rferguson
    Participant

Herehere bigdog!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Here is a sneak preview of the updated uniform, with hat

http://ohsonerdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/sterling.jpg

lloydah
    Participant

You know, if the service is good and the crew happy I couldn’t give a wossname if the males wear make up. I can quite see the point if Danny la Rue came down the aisle to sit on my lap but those crew I have seen with a bit of touch up paint are not at all offensive to me.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I love ladies in hats, so bring them on.

DoS, the best part of that picture is the hat!

Edski777
    Participant

The quality is not in the hat. Hats for all? Fine! But do something about the consistency in service offering. As a customer I don’t give a damn about Old Fleet, Mixed Fleet, New Fleet or whatever they want to call it.
    That is looking inward. I want an airline with the focus on the customer. Where I get the level of service that is given is in line with the image that the airline portrays and the amount of money they charge for their service. And for BA that means that with their image it has to be at a high level. Each and every time. No matter who is serving me or which “fleet” he/she belongs to.

Having a hat or not as part of your uniform: how to get your priorities wrong! BA, please focus.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

when i was returning from FRA to LCY this week, noticed the crew travelling all had blue boxes, must be hat boxes…………. how cute.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Edski777 – 13/04/2013 12:12 GMT

Yes, but from the original postings, it would appear that this is a move towards removing one significant and visible manifestation of the different cabin crew fleet structures within BA. I would have thought that anything that progressively did that was to the longer term advantage of BA in delivering a consistent, reliable and excellent service. But there again, perhaps I am just a hopeless optimist.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I fly 20-25 sectors with BA every year and have never seen BA CC wearing ‘that’ hat.

Shearer
    Participant

@Edski777

I agree, but if a little thing like a hat can help crew morale and unity then so be it. A happy crew will bring consistency.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

In that case AlexUpgrade77 you have been lucky enough NOT to have flown with mixed fleet.
    The best way to describe the crew on Mixed Fleet is by you imagining what the Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy must be like!

esselle
    Participant

With you 100% on this Edski777.

Rationalising failure is the choice of a lot of posters here, but you nailed the point.

If they promote it (website, Taste of, other PR guff), then they should deliver something close to it.

The hat is a diversion, as the rest of the uniform is…….uniform.

The senior team at BA really do need to get out more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls