Easyjet vs Ryanair….What would you choose?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)

• VonMecklnburg
    Participant

Easy Jet every time. Ryan Air is too awful, I hate its management, its ownership, its attitude, and mostly the way it treats its staff.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I had my bad experience 12 years ago so have not flown Ryanair since. Never will.

I have used Easy Jet from Zurich to LGW and would do it again. No problem.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ LondonCity – 22/11/2012 13:13 GMT

Flyanscare’s business model doesn’t just base itself on add-on charge after add-on charge, but also on straightforward bungs from regional authorities. Remember this ruling WRT Strasbourg/Bas-Rhin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3182609.stm

And @ BeckyBoop – 22/11/2012 12:50 GMT , you are downright wicked!

TheSnail
    Participant

I have used Ryanair more than 20 times this year alone. Not because of price but due to location. I live the eastern side of Stansted so Hetahrow/Gatwick and Luton are further away. They fly to where I want to go on business and in those 20 flights have been late once (yes once) and only by 30 minutes.
    If you read the rules and obey the rules (i don’t agree with them but that doesn’t matter) then you have no problem. I eat before I get on the plane and usually spend the 90-120 minutes flight (depending where I am going) to work or sleep, Its not the most comfortable but its less than 2 hours. I do not buy anything and do not engage with the crew unless I have to.
    I do not believe Ryanair would risk their business by cutting safety so close to the bone. I guess they cut everything to the minimum but one major incident would finish them,
    Now they offer a small selection of prebookable seats I do not even have to endure the scramble and I am sure if, like Easyjet they introduced full pre allocated seating they would see a further increase in their business.
    I have no affiliation to Ryanair in any way. I am just a business traveller who through convinience has chosen an airline that always seems to get bad press, and as someone earlier said the victim of mythes.
    I can only say what I have seen, and long may it continue.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I’ve recently tried Easyjet and been pleased with what I found. It meets expectations and being able to book a seat made me decide to use them on domestic services and some short European routes. The additional benefit of being able to move to an earlier flight free is invaluable and gives them the advantage over BA. Buying a coffee on board or even a gin and tonic, which comes with a slice of lemon is not the end of the world.

We are travelling to ADB early next year and I suggested it to Mrs HT as a direct option however she thought that was all too much so we are using LH in C via MUC completely free using M&M.

I cannot imagine the day I will set foot on FR, I don’t like anything about it. The website reminds me of a poind shop, I think little of O’Liary’s stunts and I have a choice so I don’t use them.

TominScotland
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/lufthansa-to-phase-in-new-budget-flights

Does this mean that we can soon alter the heading for this post to

Lufthansa vs Ryanair….What would you choose?

Given BA’s investment in (struggling) Flybe, we already have the choice in the UK of BA vs Ryanair………

canucklad
    Participant

Gary.

Your FR points are well noted. As someone who has also used them
    A couple of things…..

1) Their on time record is a bit of a con. Not to dissimilar to the rail companies factoring in extra time to avoid penalties.

It doesn’t take 90 minutes to fly from DUB to EDI, so I can only guess that they don’t pay royalties on the William Tell music

2) Not sure how well the CC would manage a serious incident! Recent experiences have dampened my confidence I’m afraid

skywards
    Participant

It would take a gun placed to my head to choose Ryanair…my choice is Easyjet.

Shearer
    Participant

easyJet have made great strides in recent years, and they are really rather good. You can tell from their mobile app (quite simply the nicest airline app I have used) and in flight magazine that they aspire to be more than a low-cost airline; yet the airport experience leaves a lot to be desired as they still seem to be at the far end of the airport, and the boarding process is more choatic than Ryanairs, in my experience.

I really think they will introduce connecting flights at some point.

travelworld
    Participant

Easyjet every time.

Ramraideruk
    Participant

I have flown both and would definitely pick Easyjet over Ryanair. They have two different business modes (Low cost and Ultra low cost). Rynair will swamp you with extra charges. Even now you may still have to pay a web check in fee.
    Easyjet fly to main airports. Most of Ryanair’s flights go to secondary airports (sometimes as much as 90 miles away from the city centre).
    The main problem is when things go wrong. Ryanair jut walk away and wont help you. I’ve had good experiences of help with Easyjet when a flight was delayed (flew back to a different London airport).
    Finally there is teh chairman of Ryanair. ?he seems to treat his customers with complete contempt. He even called one of his passengers stupid.
    It is always your money and your choice. Use it wisely.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Easyjet over Ryanair ‘anytime’.

I have a ‘no fly’ policy with Ryanair, and know many others with the same view. I’d rather walk, drive or take a train.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Ryanair is an irish registered airline. I am led to believe that the safety criteria laid down by the irish authorities are different to that laid down by the UK authorities. This is another reason I would fly with Easyjet, who are registered in the UK.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry DoS but I missed your reply. My point was not so much the 1c a litre but peoples perception of getting something cheaper even if they end up paying more.

On another matter, a site i enjoy reading, avherald.com and which many contributors have posted links, is having a battle with a European airline threatening them with a damages claim. Now the airline is not mentioned, but it all points to Ryanair. Further, if you look at this site Ryanair seems to have had quite a number of incidents recently. None fatal but you have to ask if that’s down to luck or judgement?

http://avherald.com/
    http://avherald.com/h?article=45a1cb11&opt=0

JeffD
    Participant

No question Easyjet over Ryanair any day !!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls