Easyjet vs Ryanair….What would you choose?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)

• AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

EasyJet, the gob at Ryanair puts me off

MrMichael
    Participant

I have flown Easyjet, found it ok. Never flown Ryanair, only reason being they have never gone from where I want to go from, to where I want to go to. The “gob at Ryanair” does not put me off at all. I think a refreshing to see an MD telling like it he see’s it without without worrying about what others and the media think. It actually in the past went against my media instincts and thus I always advised against it in the past. I now tell them to do as the gobby one does, and provided they stay on message it works out ok…..so far…….touch wood. The point with O’leary is that whatever the question the answer is always on message, on time…low fares…expensive flag carriers etc.

Nogbad01
    Participant

flown both many times. EasyJet by far the nicest experience. Happy and efficient crew and reasonably comfortable. Flexi fare is good value and very useful. Have used it a few times when work finished early. Simples.
    Ryanair ok, in the air, but on the ground… Worst check-in experience ever is Ryanair at Palma! IMHO
    Not yet tried the new Ryanair business offerings though, so maybe things will improve.

SimonS1
    Participant

I generally decide where I want to travel and at what time and then pick the flight that achieves that.

If I recall correctly there aren’t that many routes where the two go head to head.

SimonS1
    Participant

I generally decide where I want to travel and at what time and then pick the flight that achieves that.

If I recall correctly there aren’t that many routes where the two go head to head.

passionateflyer
    Participant

Sorry I’m a bit late to this one. How do you book an extra seat on easyJet so the seat adjacent to you is free and not sold at the last minute to e.g. standbys?

JeffD
    Participant

Over the years I have travelled on both. I would not choose to fly on Ryanair if I had any choice. Having said that some of Ryanairs schedules do allow for a full day at the destination. A case in point, I regularly attend the christmas markets in Salzburg. Ryanair does allow you to see the markets both in day light and at night before returning to the UK. But I only ever use them as a last resort.

StewartK
    Participant

I only use any airline as a last resort!

We are spoiled for choice in the UK with legacy carriers now competing on price with the ‘low cost’ airlines and the Gulf airlines offering a superior product to both.

It’s only when you try to fly somewhere out of the ordinary ( for me, it’s Astana at the moment ) when your realise how lucky we are with multiple flights on per every day of the week.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Apologies for the late reply to the question asked of me.

Just book two seats in your name and make sure you reserve two together. Check in for both but inform the staff that you are only one person either at check in or boarding so they can adjust the head count.

So far I’ve only used it when Mrs WW and I are traveling together and we’ve found it works every time. We have had a couple of occasions where someone has tried to claim the empty seat but a simple explanation has sufficed although on one occasion there were some comments about we must have more money than sense to do that – maybe we have!

mkcol74
    Participant

@WillieWelsh Excellent thanks! I can’t wait to try it out, & perhaps reserve the exit row 🙂

onajetplane
    Participant

Interesting article suggesting Ryanair will overtake Easyjet this year as the UK’s largest airline.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-aims-to-overtake-easyjet-as-uk-s-largest-airline-this-year-1.2634660

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls