Duke & Duchess of Cambridge fly SQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

@ MartynSinclair. Me thinks I might need glasses. I’m flabber ghasted that a non commonwealth jet is being used!

Totally unacceptable to invest our tax into economies that Lizzie doesn’tt represent!

Another fantastic decision by the pen pushers against UK PLC and our Commonwealth cousins!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I am now lost at the beinging of this thread people were saying Kate and Will flew SQ but now a chartered private jet, can anyone confirm what really happened?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

H & K flew SQ from LON to SIN.

I noticed on Sky News that the aircraft they exited at the Solomon Islands was a jet with an Austrian registration, apparently this had been used on a number of subsequent legs (after the SQ flight). If it is the jet I am thinking of, it is owned by or managed through an Austrian company, it is certainly painted in the colours of the Austrian charter company.

EDIT – please read W & K for “H & K”. Wow, I hope I am not sent to the Tower!!!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Thanks and which mug footed the bill?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The sponsor !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It must not be forgotten the incalculable value the Royal Family bring to Britain. Not just that, but look at the tremendous reception the Duke and Duchess have received wherever they’ve been. A reception perhaps only matched by the Queen’s visits. They provide much better value than our erstwhile politicians and prorata their travel expenses are probably much less.

Becky, I think by your comment the “mugs” you refer to are the taxpayers, aka the general public? So does this mean you should travel in Economy? For at the end of the day, whatever product or service your firm provides will in some way be ultimately used and paid for by the general public. If you follow your own logic then you and your boss should go Y and stay in hostels so we, the public, will pay a bit less for what we buy!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

LG…Lots of people do not agree…

The monarchy is expensive, very expensive.
    Of course it wouldn’t matter if it were free, the cost to our democracy would still be too high. But when the palace PR machine tries to tell you they are ‘value-for-money’ don’t believe it – we could get much better for far less.

The ‘Value for Money Monarchy’ Myth….bit of light reading with no dodgy pics.

http://www.republic.org.uk/valueformoneymyth.pdf

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

“H & K flew SQ from LON to SIN.”

Steady on Martyn, haven’t we had enough royal scandal already in the last few weeks. H and W aren’t that close on the keyboard either for a typo!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bunnahabhain – and none of the BT Royalists (or anti Royalists) spotted the possible “scandal” either………

Post duly edited and an official apology sent to BP.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Mr Bond has duly intervened and spared you the trip to the Tower Mr S.

Related single of the day – contains explicit lyrics;

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/scandal-in-windsors-single/id428326391

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Consensus is that they had a freebee on SQ (assume up front)..after all etc…although Easyjet?,Bling Air,Air France and Hugh Hefs “Big Bunny” have all been mentioned

Whatever.. I am sure Mr Walsh or Sir Richard would have been happy with the custom but no doubt the Palace organised it and did things…their way.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

William and Kate are currently at Brisbane International Airport, waiting for the afternoon SQ flight BNE-SIN-LHR.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/william-and-catherine-touch-down-in-brisbane-20120919-265ex.html

Colbr44
    Participant

To Travellator, Brilliant

flyingdutchman
    Participant

Your Queen has a jet I believe, one of those poxy BAE 146 aircraft that rattle as a mecano box.
    And.. on official visits the Royals should use British Airways !!
    It represents the country !!
    (like Royal Mail).

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls