Duke & Duchess of Cambridge fly SQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

…or Prince Albert

…of Monaco??

dutchyankee
    Participant

@Sparkyflyer, So well put. But I wouldn’t waste my time reprimanding Judy the Nag as it will fall upon deaf ears just as it does with Nigel, aka VK. Seems they both are too perfect for words.

VintageKrug
    Participant

…not necessarily, alexpo1. Not necessarily.

judynagy
    Participant

Oh dear, Sparky, your post is accurate and I do apologize to you all. There is no reason for me to share my thoughts in a negative way. The only excuse I can offer is that I worked very hard for equality in the business world and certain things push my buttons these days. It seems to me that today’s women are throwing it all away with cleavage, bad grammar and 5″ heels. I believe that businesswomen are sliding back down to the secretarial level, but I can just keep these feelings to myself.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

From the aircraft markings that could be seen on Sky News, it appears that our young Royals used an Austrian private jet charter to transport them on the latest leg of their tour to the Solomon Islands.

Why on earth UKPlc can not benefit more, by using G- registered aircraft for our royals. This on the day when it was announced that 6 fighter jets were destroyed (replacement costs, £millions) during the failed attempt to catch William’s brother, who is on active duty!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Maybe its time this lot got proper jobs.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

The private jet has been used for the whole trip (not just the last leg).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hence the need for a designated royal jet or at least a UK registered renta-jet!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I read once that Princess Margaret always used to book Y class on BA and wait to be automatically upgraded. Can you imagine HRH being rejected by the Lounge police for not having the right ticket?

I can.

Binman62
    Participant

Alex, sadly I can’t, BA and others would upgrade and make exceptions. That is what is so wrong with the current set up.
    As for a private jet, no no no, it would just be wrong, so wrong when so much else is required.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seeing the latest pictures, and Judy, she certainly did not become duchess thanks to her cleavage, they are obviously very much in love, so perhaps the SQ suites double bed proved irresistible đŸ˜‰

canucklad
    Participant

It would have been nice if they had used RAAF aircraft rather than just a private OZ registered jet !!

That really would have upset the Skippy Republicans !

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Even better .could have got a local newspaper/magazine
    to sponser them in return for some pictures.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Irrepsective of your thoughts on the Royal family, William and Kate are world superstars. A private jet (A 380 or a more modest A321) is needed, deserved and would be economical, based on part of it being “sold” to the travelling press pack.

@ canucklad – the current jet is an Austrian registered aircraft, not Australian.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls