Duke & Duchess of Cambridge fly SQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

“esselle – 13/09/2012 20:43 GMT

And Caeser Salad..”

What is this rare delicacy “Caeser Salad”??? 😉

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

avec……Free Courtesy Limousine service…shush….

http://www.gaslightclub.co.uk/directorslodge.htm

esselle
    Participant

Dear VK

Not sure I get your point………

BigDog.
    Participant

Esselle (and Ian) – You are correct – the UK home of the tasty crustacean should know… “Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps

http://www.morecambebayshrimps.com

I guess Sim City uses the American spelling hence VK’s faux pas here. Hopefully he can find a US forum where the boor can bore and his spelling will be more suited.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Caesar, not Caeser! 😉

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, I was about to apologise for a rare etymological error, but I see my use of the word “shrimps” has been vindicated by other posters, and research has indicated that my almer mater agrees with me that one can use “shrimps” as the plural form:
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shrimp

I think I may stagger round to the Club at lunchtime and indulge in some, even if they do serve them cold…

I wonder how SQ would serve them? (he said, in a desperate attempt to drag this thread, kicking and screaming about mandibular aquatic arthropods*, back to its original topic)

* aka crustaceans (or, for VK’s benefit, crustacea – but again, both plural forms are usable)

IanFromHKG
    Participant

By the way, while we are on the subject of egregious errors – I noticed after making my last post (whence I was returned to the first page of this thread) the following post from our grammatician-in-chief:

VintageKrug – 11/09/2012 17:05 GMT : “After all, we did used to own Singapore, too”

Just what, may I ask, is the redundant “did” doing in that sentence? It certainly doesn’t belong there. Tsk, tsk. Nanny might have let VK get away with that one, but I would have thought that his governess would have done a better job!

(grin)

judynagy
    Participant

Ah, Vintage, don’t you realize that Becky is a joke? S/he can barely put a sentence together but proports to be a business person flying up front? Please!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Now now, judynagy, no name-calling please.

Becky does not purport (or proport, whatever that means) to be a businesswoman, she has been very up-front about stating that she is a PA, who travels up-front when travelling with her boss.

judynagy
    Participant

What’s a PA in British?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Personal Assistant

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ian, SQ served me shrimp once (many years ago when i could only afford Y) and they almost killed me. I’ve never eaten one since. The only good news was after two days in SIN in bed (at their expense) they upgraded the rest of my trip to Taipei and HK and the return to business!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Oh LP, I am so sorry to hear that – not only because of your horrible experience, but also because you are missing so much!

If you ever go to Norfolk (unlikely, I suspect) then head up to the North Coast, Burnham Market, and get some potted shrimps from Gurney’s. They are so good I bring them back to HK! They do a wonderful “cray’n’aise” as well. Their home-smoked salmon is wonderful too

Who needs Fortnum’s???

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Looks like potted shrimps are off the menu…cant stand them…

Today however the tour goes on…but..

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge furious over topless photos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19595221

sparkyflier
    Participant

judynagy what a pleasant person it seems you are not..

Beckyboop does travel up front, demonstrates substantial knowledge of the different products and is always helpful to other posters with her own knowledge/experience, including to me.

Sometimes people contribute to this forum when they are in the middle of other things in their job, so does it really matter if there is a small error or typo every now and then.

A number of really good and regular posters have left this site recently because of nasty and hypocritical comments by some, and have been a loss.

Is it really so hard to be respectful and courteous to all posters and comments and have an element of “good energy”?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls