Duke & Duchess of Cambridge fly SQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

VK, well sadly I had no choice in the schools I went to. Perhaps if previous Tory governments didn’t waste money on false expense claims, lavish lifestyles and the royal family flew economy the money saved could have been better invested in state education.

The government need to really go back and look at the need for state visits if there is significant costs involved. All tickets should also be booked in economy. If the airline wants to give them a free upgrade then it is up to them.

canucklad
    Participant

Maybe Airbus can donate an aircraft to the European Union so that the Royal households around Europe can take turns on their jaunts and state visits!

Sort of like “Blue blood time share on wings”

VintageKrug
    Participant

You’ll find it was Labour who condemned you to a “Comprehensive” education.

I do think the Royal Family should ALWAYS travel in the highest possible class of travel, and preferably by BusinessJet if possible.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Why do they need to travel in the highest possible class of travel?

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hi Becky, I am in fact amazed you would still respond to such a condescending, pompous wannabe. VK can deride you, taking cheap shots at your grammar, or assume you ‘potter down to the shops’ but when another poster actually took him to task or insulted him, VK whined and cried to BT to remove the posts. And yet you still engage him in conversation and have even invited his opinion on some other threads. Just ignore him and perhaps he might take his own advice, since he thinks of himself as equal to or above royalty, and only ever fly by BusinessJet as well. At least then we wont have to hear his dribble and PR spin for BA any longer.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

For those suggesting that there is no longer any provision for Royal Flights, kindly look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._32_Squadron_RAF

As you will see, in these straightened times, No. 32 (Royal) Squadron RAF has a primarily military communications and logistics role but they do also provide, on occasions, Royal/VIP transport.

Personally, I can think of no particular reason why Royals travelling abroad should enjoy any more luxurious travel than anyone else – particularly as someone else will normally be doing the paying.

With the opportunity for yet another spate of “let’s bash BA and applaud SQ…” (yawn!), can anyone remind me of respective levels of profitability and and/or dividends payments to shareholders?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dutchyankee, actually hun he doesn’t worry me at all, in fact he should be more worried about me than I am of him!

I usually find once he starts criticising peoples grammar, spelling etc.. It’s usually a sign of defeat on his part as he can’t find any other argument to win. Then again he is not perfect either as others have pointed out ihs errors in the past.

BTW I have done private jet once before and its not all that its made out to be. Give me a commercial airline any day even with BA New First!!! 🙂 xx

canucklad
    Participant

Now now, dutchyankee….I presume from your name that you are from across the pond with liberal European Hemp tendencies !!

You need to understand that the proletariat, that’s me and Becky, and possibly you , need to be aware of where we fit in….otherwise there would be chaos and social order would soon breakdown

I’m sure Becky would agree with me—–If it wasn’t for VK reminding us about our comprehensive (in my case Canadian High School) schooling, we would have ambitions beyond our expectations……and as a result would not be happy with our lot !

As a Caledonian Canuck its took me a while to understand where I fit into British ( English) society !!

Hope this helps…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw

dutchyankee
    Participant

@canuckland, this is fantastic, but I had no idea VK was so short!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s important the masses are suppressed, otherwise anyone could get in to White’s.

I can assure you, I am not in the least bit worried about BB.

I do like that sketch. I performed it once, playing Middle Class (though obviously had to pull on a thorough researching of back episodes of Terry & June to ensure the full believability of the part).

I am not a fan of PJs. It’s not something I’ve been lucky to do that often (only a handful of trips), but on balance I prefer scheduled.

Main benefit seems to be the ability to take cases of decent wine and one’s dogs with you in the cabin.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

So what you are saying is BA serves bad wine that would not be good enough for royal consumption?

canucklad
    Participant

Goodness me VK you suprise me……..a member of an immigrant club …what would Bucksnet make of this…..

Maybe our Hanoverians should have flown AZ rather than SQ

BeckyBoop
    Participant

VK, I just googled whites and I must say you are brave and proud being and letting people know you belong to a strip club…lol :o)

edited

http://www.clubwhites.co.uk/

dutchyankee
    Participant

BB, he works there!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Aha, the penny has finally dropped….

I now understand the level of in-flight service and catering that so many of you consider to be “standard fayre”…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/3346195/Whites-gentlemans-club-reveal-what-men-really-like-to-eat.html#

What with allowing a woman onto the premises (albeit that she happens to be the head of state…) AND LabLiar MPs, then White’s clearly has to be somewhere that we comprehensive schoolboys should be aiming for…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls