Do we need two fora sections?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

VK/FDOS

Don’t you note a certain irony in your posts? Or is it bathos (“an abrupt transition in style from the exalted to the commonplace, producing a ludicrous effect”).

Actually, on reflection, they are both ironic and bathetic.

Regards, Simon

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Simon

I would appreciate it if you would comment on topic, too.

If you wish to debate this, please start another thread.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

FDOS

I rest my case. “When in a hole, stop digging.”

Regards, Simon

Be_Nice
    Participant

VK @ 08.23

So very true and very much part of this thread as this was the 2nd post.

Marlene

Edit
    Simon hello and nice to read you sensibility.

canucklad
    Participant

Ahhhhh….and it’s only Monday !

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Canucklad

Yep……

S

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

If the various assorted posters who are causing the thread drift would desist, it would still be Monday and the sensible comments of Lugano Pirate and others would be visible, rather than hidden down the thread.

Frankly, I am surprised at the childishness of the last few posts, from people who consistently claim to be on the moral high ground, but are obviously part of the problem.

And Simon, that last comment is aimed squarely at you; you have made some pious comments about truces lasting as long as Polo mints and how you don’t like reading BT anymore, because you find it unpleasant, well you are stoking the fires this morning and I find it hypocritical behaviour.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

VintageKrug – 20/04/2013 17:07 GMT
    unpleasantness meted out on this forum is unacceptable and there is no reason why you should feel bullied or targeted in any way by a particular poster.

Then:

VintageKrug – 22/04/2013 08:23 GMT
    It is a great shame Papillion53 has felt the need to leave the forum as a consequence of comments made to her by FormerlyDoS.

If, as you purport, you are aghast at the ‘bullying’ meted out by Dos to Papillion, what’s the point of your post at 08:23?

I already know the answer.
    AOTG.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

DavidGordon10 – 22/04/2013 08:22 GMT
    So it is interesting and useful, but would benefit from being put in better order, and from better moderation.

Agreed David, could also benefit from folks treating it as an internet forum and not take it all so seriously.

Sheesh!
    Rgds.
    AOTG.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Sorry, but you have the Grade A with gold star in hypocrisy.

You are a troublemaker. This place was less confrontational without you.

You are one of the main reasons I don’t post much. VK is tolerable as he offers positive info at times. Nowadays you seem to be hellbent on stirring and causing mischief. You rarely tolerate others’ views if they are contrary to yours. You are also the “comeback kid” who announced his departure and return with customary arrogance, as if any of us could care either way. You, Sir, are the hypocrite.

One of Papillon is worth 10 of you.

Simon

Be_Nice
    Participant

Nicely and succinctly put Simon and very obviously seen.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

The truces never involved me, so I don’t see how I could be “pious.” As to being part of the problem, then you should look in a mirror. Or better still, look back at your posts under both your pseudonyms, and count the times that people have taken issue with the way you have responded to what they have posted.

As for me stirring things this morning – get real. Look at your post of 10.20. If that wasn’t intended to stir things up, then what was its purpose?

As I said, a hypocrite and troublemaker. In my view, you are THE singlemost problem poster on here.

Simon

canucklad
    Participant

Fdos…..Ok…Back on track….

Should there be 2 forums……I would suggest not, because I fall into both your 1&2 camps…your idea at the bottom of page 1 has merit though…..

Even before, I started my LHR commute all those years ago I joined the various airlines FF programs before they became de-rigour……The benefits being at that time, even if you didn’t fly that much you were still acknowledged as someone who recognised their brand loyalty….and at the launch,all those years ago….could help in getting good seats etc…..Now, I’m afraid if you’re not Gold….you’re nobody…

My company didn’t realise about my BD membership, so didn’t realise I was collecting points…..I discreetly advised my travelling colleagues about the benefits…i.e points make prizes…..so to speak……One of my colleagues, couldn’t keep his damn mouth shut and started bragging to non travelling colleagues……My boss was made aware and was aghast at my GOLD status, and I feared the worst…..

I pay for my business travel and then claim it back through expenses, but my company policy dictates that I need to stick to specific criteria, including gaining authorization for flights 10 days before…..and then a whole lot of other nonsense when it comes to hotels etc…

So I’m not going to use my points to book flights, they are a well deserved perk for being away from family and friends …. And are used for ME time….i.e AC Exec Class…

So there is a cross over between leisure and business…..classically the Hotels in HK….I can’t advise on hotels in HK, because I don’t stay in hotels..I can advise on other HK related matters though…..

Also like to add that fortunately, my travelling is now minimal…..but I would hope my contributions to both your camps are valued by you and the other BTer’s …as I find most threads of at least some interest…..

Incidentally….the 787 thread….what camp ?

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Canucklad,

I broadly agree with you.

I guess all of us probably fall into both camps at times.

Simon

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Simon

My post at 10:20 was what it was, a politely worded request to another poster not to engage in thread drift.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls