Bored of Club World…

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

• seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Air NZ all the way. No other airline compares on the LHR-LAX route. Period.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

@ binabdulaziz….. right I’m so upset I’m off to Yangon and my yaks. They still love me.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

JeremyB* Thank you for asking. As I stared this topic.
    In the end I opted for Air New Zealand. EXCELLENT in every way. The staff were great, the food good and the LAX lounge a bright open space (with FREE wireless). Well worth it.

TominScotland
    Participant

I am a regular traveller GLA – HKG and vary my C class travel as much as possible, always going for value rather than brand. So, over the past couple of years or so have used KL, EK, LH, LX, TG and AF but not BA for about 3 years as they always come out top of the price range.

On Tuesday, the freezing fog at Heathrow meant that my plans to travel with AY were thwarted and I was transfered to BA – great as this meant I arrived on time for commitments in HK. However, I must say that I was underwhelmed by both the comfort of the seat (I was downstairs as I was a late addition) and the food/ service. Nothing really bad about it (except for the horribly overcooked breakfast) but nothing standout either. Given posts on this site, I had expected rather more…..

Deleted User
    Participant

Hi TominScotland

I took the AY option last night from LHR to BKK via Hel. Unfortunately we were an hour late out of Hel which had a knock on affect on our BKK arrival. However, we were still in before the BA and QF flights (as far as I could see).

My tickets are purchased based on value as well. The biggest issue with AY was the slow dinner service and full cabin lights on between 1am and 3am (Finnish time) which meant sleep was difficult. However, a quick chat with the Purser resolved this issues and the lights were dimmed (prior to the end of the meal service). I subsequently managed 5 hours 40 minutes sleep arrived well rested into BKK and went straight into meetings.

I find Finnair a breath of fresh air in a world otherwise filled with rather stale and overpriced products.

Well done once again Finnair.

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls