Bored of Club World…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Yangon is a perfectly superb experience…Skytrax says so so it must be true!

I really don’t know why you are getting so uppity openfly? Perhaps a lie down would help?

I hear Yangon airlines has excellent Yak cloth duvets and excellent curved flat seating.

lloydah
    Participant

You know chaps, banter aside, there’s an important point to be made here. Read Martyn’s letter above. Mrs H and I returned from the east coast of US on 217 last week, 63A and B. Perfect flight in every way. Arrivals lounge a treat. So similar experiences.
    I presume Openfly and all the others in his cabin would expect the same experience for the same money. Why the discrepancy? We’re back to the CC making or breaking a flight and possibly putting off numerous pax who may or may not complain but vote with their feet.

Swissdiver
    Participant

SWISS: Just forget it! If you fly business, either you get the old seat (lie flat, uncomfortable) or the new one (looks like a coffin in which you are going down to). Either way, service is poor simply (and crew easily admit it) because a 3 class service on a A330 or A340 is difficult because of the lack of space for the crew to prepare notably the meals.
    First: not worth it
    Zurich airport: ugly and looks like an empty and expensive mall…

Lufthansa: Can’t speak about it as I do avoid FRA by all mean. It is by far the worse European hub.

Air France: CDG airport is average, especially when crowded. T 2E is all right though. But in the air, I pretty much like the service. OK, lie-flat seats in business class. But best food in Europe IMHO, nice staff, and good IFE.
    First (only available on B777) is a great product. Great seats, food and wine and service.

At the end of the day, BA has the best business class in Europe, by very far!

Hope this helps.

Bullfrog
    Participant

“doors to manual” .. have you been to LAX & which carrier did you use. How was the journey ?

I’ve not tried ANZ’s J product but would certainly give it a try. The old F Class to SYD via LAX was superb in 1998 and 2003 with outstanding food for an airline.

I don’t see the problem with 1 flight per day.

I certainly prefer a non stop flight for such a long journey. I tried AF F product last year LHR – CDG – YUL. The lounge at CDG was sumptuous but the longer journey time was tiring.

binabdulaziz
    Participant

“We’re back to the CC making or breaking a flight and possibly putting off numerous pax who may or may not complain but vote with their feet.”

With respect, not right. Location of business cabin is also big factor on 747.

Sleep upstairs, almost like first class, very nice in quiet private mini cabin.

Sleep downstairs with economy cabin behind and premium economy in front, is horrible, cannot believe that BA put people paying big money in such bad cabin – see openlfy comments about deplaning, invasion etc.

BAdboys
    Participant

I too have travelled in the downstairs Club World and it is nothing like the upstairs cabin. I have also flown in the aircraft that have the Premium economy ahead of CW and the economy behind…not a good experience, especially having to wait until the premium economy are allowed to deplane before Club World.
    The two middleseats/beds are not ideal. It is upstairs or nothing.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

@ openfly…. please don’t be so sensitive. My comment was meant somewhat in jest in response to observations made following your unfortunate experience travelling to Cape Town and back with BA CW. Whilst I understand that people in Premium Economy are a sub class of human best kept separated from the elite for whom plastic cutlery, following 9/11, caused many an anxiety attack, I for one relish the opportunity of mingling with the little people as they seek respite from their miserable premium economy seat in the CW galley whilst we suffer the effects of inhaling the odeur of our travelling companion’s socks in the fully lie flat position in Club World.

At the end of the day, the WT+ cabin is probably not ideally positioned but having suffered the enormous misfortune of being seated in CW lower deck seat a number of times in the last 3 years in which this configuration has existed, I have simply adopted the attitude that there are more important things in life to worry about.

As for my history of posts which aim to amuse, they are meant entirely for my own amusement and those with sypathetic mindsets. Please don’t laugh if you don’t want to. Most wouldn’t.

For the rest….NEWS JUST IN!!…….Yangon Airlines and American Express have announced special companion fares starting 01 October 2010. All passengers will receive a complimentary companion (male,female or yak) with whom they can share their Yangon Executive First Class luxury mattress in flight. Savour the delights of traditional Yangonese hospitality at 10,000 feet whilst keeping warm in a pair of yak hair lined Dolce and Gabbana Yangon Airlines designer biodegradable pyjamas made of reconstitued grass and mud. BUT HURRY! This is a limited offer and available only to customers with Amex cards whose applications for credit increases have been consistently denied for the last 2 years. I’m in!!

binabdulaziz
    Participant

AlexUpgrade77

You are rude idiot.

VintageKrug
    Participant

What an excellent promotion!

This is even better than Yorkshire Airline’s individual hair dryers!

But can one bring one’s own Yak?

I have suffered heart-wrenching farewells from my pet Yak, Flossy, and this innovation by Yangon, my new favourite airline, will allow us to holiday together safe in our First Class luxury bed away from the disapproving glare of the paparazzi, who for some reason find my predilections of interest.

I can’t wait to don my grass-fibre PJs; I know Flossy and I will have a night to remember on board…especially if she (or he, I haven’t quite worked that bit out yet) is rather hungry.

Do you think the other passengers might object?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

@ binabdulaziz. I object to your assertion that I am rude. For the ‘idiot’ reference I reserve my defence.

@VK I’m glad you, too, have experienced what I consider to be one of the worst experiences a person can have-to be separated from one’s Yak. Mine is called Gertrude. Perhaps Gertrude and Flossy can hang out sometime.

As for the new Yangon yak promotion… far from it being a problem that you and Flossy enjoy some quality time stretching out on the Yangon Royal Executive First Class Matress mid flight (yes, Yangon has been given the Royal tick as of last night), co-mingling is encouraged due to the lack of blankets available (cut backs). On arrival, Yangon’s concierge service will ensure that your exit from the terminal is conducted with the utmost discretion. You will be given a ‘turbo yak’ which will zip you safely to the Yangon Airways Royal Arrivals VIP Clubhouse thus protected from any intruding paparazzi.

All part of the Yangon service.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hats off to Yangon for getting me out of that North Korean jail following a small misunderstanding due to technical difficulties (see my post above). I think this had something to do with the fact that Yangon and North Korean Airways are going to code share and if the rumours are correct, may even form a new alliance!

I also loved the grass fibre PJ’s but took some exception to a fellow passengers Yak eating mine in the middle of the night causing me considerable embarrassment.

Sorry to be a spoilsport VK, but if it was Flossy I certainly did object!
    Alex, I never did see the Royal arrivals lounge due to my being whisked off to the Yangon jail for being naked on the flight and upsetting the crew. Even though it was not my fault, this cut no ice. So Yangon First pax, please keep your Yaks under control!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yaks very good advice, LuganoPirate!

petertom3
    Participant

Can i suggest Air NZ direct from Heathrow, good food and fantastic wine selection

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ho Ho VK. Very punny :-))

binabdulaziz
    Participant

Alexupgrade77

Try taking own advice be less sensitive.

BOO HOO

HA HA

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls